We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Three months in Windhoek, accomodation and things to do

Glasgow
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Three months in Windhoek, accomodation and things to do

Just been told I'm being posted to Windhoek for three months starting at the beginning of March.

I wondered if anyone knew or could recommend a place to live on a short term lease. Would need to be relatively near downtown, safe and possibly with parking for one vehicle.

Would also be good to hear any recommendations of things to do in or around the city itself.

Many thanks,

H

Mentioned in this post
Windhoek
Windhoek
Khomas Region, Namibia
Pretoria, South...
Level Contributor
2,821 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Three months in Windhoek, accomodation and things to do

I've only been to Windhoek on short business trips so I can't offer any helpful suggestions but I do want to jump in and say how much I envy you. I would LOVE to spend some sustained time there, so I hope it's a really good experience for you.

Mentioned in this post
Windhoek
Windhoek
Khomas Region, Namibia
Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
39,075 posts
408 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Three months in Windhoek, accomodation and things to do

Me too. I can cook and keep lots of cold beer ready for when you get in from the Office after a hard day! I will even help you drink it!

Reasonable rates.

Windhoek, Namibia
Level Contributor
324 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Three months in Windhoek, accomodation and things to do

you can make a deal with most guest houses near town for a spacial rate and Windhoek is like most other 'cities' BORING! :)

best to explore the country side when you have time, you might end up longer than 3 months! ;)

Mentioned in this post
Windhoek
Windhoek
Khomas Region, Namibia
Somerset West...
Level Contributor
259 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Three months in Windhoek, accomodation and things to do

Arebbusch has units at marua mall and central, so contact them for a monthly rate. There is lots to do! Visit the botanical garden, museum, craft market, china town. Buy your cold meats at hartlief in northern industria and have a bite at their bistro. Then there is of course joe's beer garden. Go for a coffee at Bougainvilla in klein windhoek, or a biltong platter and wine at stellenbosch market. Explore the various portuguese restaurants oe some local cuisine. Enjoy a weekend at daan viljoen or sunday lunch at a game ranch. Enjoy windhoek. If you are still there 6 june, visit the tourism expo.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Three months in Windhoek, accomodation and things to do

Thanks for the information.

I'll give Arebbusch a shout. And you've reassured me that there will be plenty to do if I have any down time!

Much appreciated,

H

6. Re: Three months in Windhoek, accomodation and things to do

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 February 2015, 05:26