We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Living costs in Windhoek

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
7 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
Living costs in Windhoek

I have been shortlisted for a position in Windhoek. Of course there is no guarantee that I would get the job. However, as I would have to relocate from South Africa fairly shortly in the event that I am successful I do need to acquaint myself with living costs so that I can assess the viability of the salary on offer.

I do know that is a very broad question but if I could get just get a reasonable estimate of rental costs, associated living expenses such as for food and commuter travel. Any insight into this vague question would be welcomed.

thanks

Somerset West...
Level Contributor
259 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Living costs in Windhoek

Rental and property very expensive. Groceries slightly more expensive than cape town. Fuel slightly cheapwr than in SA. I've heard opinions that in general windhoek is 10 to 15% more expensive than cape town

Glasgow
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Living costs in Windhoek

What would most people think is reasonable for monthly apartment rental - a one bedroom being the preference.

H

Paris, France
Level Contributor
43 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Living costs in Windhoek

The Namibian Dollar is linked to the SA Rand in exchange rate. So all Namibian prices are the equivalent when it comes to comparisons. South African friends complain that every thing is more expensive compared to SA. But on the other hand, Windhoek has less crime, security is very nice and the country has unlimited spaces to travel. Depends on what you are looking for.

4. Re: Living costs in Windhoek

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 May 2015, 07:16