We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arik Air, is it really that bad?

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,039 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Arik Air, is it really that bad?

I'm planning to visit an old friend in Nigeria, in the new year.

Arik is coming in cheapest from London, and it's a direct flight too. But I've read some really bad stories about it? What do people on here think about it? Thanks

70 replies to this topic
1 post
Save Reply
21. Re: Arik Air, is it really that bad?

so what do you personally think about flying with Arik? thats if you've ever travel with them.

Baltimore, Maryland
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
22. Re: Arik Air, is it really that bad?

Arik is fairly new in the business and I am sure they will become better with time but check this out in have flown Delta, United, BA , Virgin Atlantic and Lufthansa. Off al five I give Lufthansa 10/10, Virgin 5/10, BA and Delta 4/10 but United negative 0 out of 10. The planes are good but the customer service is what I am rating

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Arik Air, is it really that bad?

I am in Nigeria as I write this, flew london to lagos, and lagos to warri, then warri to lagos to port harcourt, and all of it was good, not exeptional, but good.

allan

Barbados
Level Contributor
22 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Arik Air, is it really that bad?

I flew Arik from Accra to Lagos and then Lagos to Abuja.

I must say that they were fine, I didn't have any concerns with them.

The only problem I had was at check in at Accra where they told me my luggage was overweight. I did point out that the scales said 11Kg before I put my bag on but I couldn't be bothered arguing.

Lagos, Nigeria
1 post
Save Reply
25. Re: Arik Air, is it really that bad?

Arik air is worse than a London Bus service. Their customer services suks and they are taking advantage of its monopoly in Nigeria and also cheaper flights to attract customers. I will rather suggest you use a more reputable airline than Arik.

Johannesbu
1 post
Save Reply
26. Re: Arik Air, is it really that bad?

The answer to your question is a resounding YES, They suck! Seats were broken in business class and sticky taped together. Return flight was unexpectedly cancelled with no notification. No explanation provided. Had to incur additional costs to stay an extra night in Lagos and also to book on another airline. They are by far the worst airline I have ever experienced. If it sounds too good to be true, its bec it is. They are usless and will never fly them again!

Reading...
2 posts
Save Reply
27. Re: Arik Air, is it really that bad?

bad customer service ,easy to miss your connecting flights because of too much delays .they always over book most of the time because they are very cheap. I witness November 13 2013 I was in the flight when the mayor of freetown came on board and there was no first class seat for him and he has to seat in the back of the bus with tow of his crew, and when the they complain all they said was we will refund your money. I find this very disturbing because I think someone with first class ticket prefer service than the money on the same day I miss my connecting flight to newyork and get stock in lagos for 3 days.They took me to a crappy hotel , doors don't lock bathroom dirty the food is only Nigerian food.i miss 40 hrs of work and don't get pay for it.i think it worth paying extra money for better services.

Reading...
2 posts
Save Reply
28. Re: Arik Air, is it really that bad?

don't ever try them lost of issues

Johannesburg, South...
1 post
Save Reply
29. Re: Arik Air, is it really that bad?

It is not that bad but they sometimes have unpleasant delays and their breakfast is disgusting.

Lagos, Nigeria
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: Arik Air, is it really that bad?

It's as bad as you suspect and even some.

And definitely do not try booking your ticket online, They would deduct the money from your account, with no issuance of a ticket or booking reference. Their customer service would give you the run-around endlessly.

If you are fortunate, eventually a supervisor may finally own up and tell you that there is nothing they can do about issuing you the ticket. This when it is almost too late for you to buy another ticket on another airline. And, o, refund would take 7 to 14days.

customer service=0

competency=0

web site=0

integrity=0

Reply to: Arik Air, is it really that bad?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted