We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

AA Safaris and Tours - Thoughts?

Saline, Michigan
Level Contributor
20 posts
82 reviews
AA Safaris and Tours - Thoughts?

Hi All,

Had great luck posting on here so I figured, why stop? I have found a company that is very responsive on email and likely will be our gorilla trekking company: AA Safaris and Tours. I saw one other person (LangfordUSA or something) mention that they used it, but I just wanted to make sure that they were legitimate before wiring them money.

Any input would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Mike

1. Re: AA Safaris and Tours - Thoughts?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 July 2010, 03:00
2. Re: AA Safaris and Tours - Thoughts?

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 July 2010, 03:00
Berlin, Germany
5 posts
3. Re: AA Safaris and Tours - Thoughts?

Go ahead and wire the money , because it will be in safe hands. My friend has just come back home from a trip with AA Safaris.

San Francisco, CA
1 post
1 review
4. Re: AA Safaris and Tours - Thoughts?

Hi Mike - I am looking into this company as well and was wondering if you ended up booking with them?

Would love to hear a review...

Saline, Michigan
Level Contributor
20 posts
82 reviews
5. Re: AA Safaris and Tours - Thoughts?

Hi there -

I haven't had time to really do a full posting, but we did book with AA Safaris.

The trip was awesome! Our driver was waiting for us in the Kigali airport (very small) and basically adhered to our every wish. He got us plenty of water, drove us around and explained things in Kigali, and made sure we had an amazing tour of Rwanda and southern Uganda. The highlight was that Ahmed (our driver/guide) essentially new EVERYbody in the area and was always comical relief.

AA Safaris also put us in the super nice Wagtails Camp outside of the Bwindi (we tracked the Nshongi Family split off, I don't remember their name, but deep in Bwindi) for a very reasonable rate. They served us juice and tea with a hot towel upon our arrival each evening and had a full-service bar and 'restaurant.'

Overall we were happy with AA safaris attentiveness to our emails, though it's sometimes difficult to communicate clearly in English. We also had to bring a lot of US dollars to pay the balance of our fees, but it turned out to be no problem.

I would definitely recommend AA Safaris for their great staff, accommodation, and rates!

Let me know if you have any specific questions.

Mike

6. Re: AA Safaris and Tours - Thoughts?

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 12 April 2011, 06:17