We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Single entry Visa on arrival?

Sydney
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Single entry Visa on arrival?

I'm doing a tour through Kenya, Uganda and Rwanda with Intrepid and just wanted to check if it's necessary to apply for the single entry visa online or if I can just get one at the border? The online application asks for specific details such as date of entry and point of entry and since overland tours can vary their itineraries, I can't be certain of these details yet. Obviously I don't want to find myself stuck at the border with officials telling me that I had to apply online to get the Visa.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
37,390 posts
360 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Single entry Visa on arrival?

Speaking only to Rwanda, then there is no problem at any border crossing. Visa is stamped into your Passport on completion of the 'landing card' type form.

There is rumoured to be an East African Visa on the way that will cover all these countries, plus Tanzania, so do enquire at your first landing point.

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
300 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Single entry Visa on arrival?

Help, just found out you can't get visa on arrival at Kigali is this true? Arrival sept 21. We are in Kenya right now. Have tried applying 5x and it keeps kicking us out.

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
300 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Single entry Visa on arrival?

HELP we have just found out we may not be able to get a Rwandan visa on arrival, is this true?

We are arriving on sept 21 and are in Kenya on safari.

Alberta
Level Contributor
347 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Single entry Visa on arrival?

You have to apply online. go this website

canada.embassy.gov.rw/index.php…

click on the online application - it gets sent in and we got an email back the next day with the letter of acceptance that you need to have at the border.

Hope this helps

5. Re: Single entry Visa on arrival?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 15:18