We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gorilla Trekking Tour Company Recommendations

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
120 reviews
Save Topic
Gorilla Trekking Tour Company Recommendations

Has anyone ever gone on the three day gorilla trek with African Jungle Adventures Ltd (www.rwandagorillatrekking.com)??

I have been in contact with someone named Steve, who has been very prompt at responding to my email and is offering us a good itinerary for the price.

I just want to make sure they are a legit company and have good past customers because he has asked we send him $800 US to a bank account in Kigali to ensure a down payment for our trip in March 2013. Please let me know or if you can suggest other budget tours, that would be great!!

Alberta
Level Contributor
367 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gorilla Trekking Tour Company Recommendations

We are using Amahoro tours......perhaps get a quote from them with similar lodging. Greg has been very prompt in answering any of my questions.

Lots of reviews of this tour ompany

califonia
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Gorilla Trekking Tour Company Recommendations

Laura, iam currently volunteering in Rwanda, at Mission of Help in Samduha kanombe iam from USA, i did gorilla trekking on 2 month ago, but while at the park registration office in Kinigi i remember seeing aconvoy with stickers on their vehicles in the names of African Jungle Adventures.

it must be the same company, give them atrial seems its reliable company.

3. Re: Gorilla Trekking Tour Company Recommendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 19 October 2012, 21:43
Kampala, Uganda
Level Contributor
555 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gorilla Trekking Tour Company Recommendations

try them!

Atlanta, Georgia
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Gorilla Trekking Tour Company Recommendations

Dear Laura,

I had an outstanding time! I certainly encourage you to go for this once in a life-time experience.

Steve had one of his staff (Chris) pick me up at my hotel in Kigali and drive to Volcanoes National Park. We stayed at Mountain Gorilla View Lodge. The tour guide I was with was very knowledgeable and has lots of experience with gorillas trekking himself. I learned a lot about the gorillas and trekking before our actual trekking day.

The lodge is very nice and relaxing with great food and local dancers. The morning before trekking there is a large gathering and outstanding dance group.

The Rwanda park guides who took us were great.

I'd go again in a second and think you'll be glad you are doing so. Steve and his group will take great care of you for three days up to the drop off at the airport.

Enjoy!

Caitlin Shaffer

La Canada...
12 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Gorilla Trekking Tour Company Recommendations

they handled my clients from Nairobi early this year and the trip was successful. I recommend them.

1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Gorilla Trekking Tour Company Recommendations

We used this company for our recent trip through Uganda and Rwanda. We had excellent communication with Steve in the run up to the trip and then further excellent service from our driver and guide for the week Patrick. Very professional, very informative and competitively priced. Highly recommended.

R E
Nairobi, Kenya
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Gorilla Trekking Tour Company Recommendations

Hi, We have a trip with African Jungle Adventures planned this weekend, and while we've not gone on the tour yet, they've been great to work with. We also corresponded with Steve and Paul, and agree that they were quite responsive over email. We wired them the deposit for the permits and had no issues or concerns.

Additionally, I will say that they have been extremely helpful and flexible for us. My wife got sick and threw our plans in a bit of limbo, but they've been very very helpful and accommodating in an otherwise stressful time. We leave this weekend for a 4 day itinerary and I have high expectations of a great gorilla trek!

Boston
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Gorilla Trekking Tour Company Recommendations

I did gorilla trekking in June

With E&C tour and safari

They are knowledge and flexible even fair

I spend 500usd for 2 days trip but they can make discount when you want to make 3days trip with them! They are really fair

Contact them to eliarutabingwa@yahoo.com

Best regards

Tom Kelly

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
2,400 posts
2,642 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Gorilla Trekking Tour Company Recommendations

I used Amahoro last year and found it to be an excellent, trustworthy company with much flexibility. My driver/guide -- Alex -- was absolutely outstanding.