We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggested itinerary, Rwanda, Tanzania

Shelburne, Vermont
Level Contributor
22 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Suggested itinerary, Rwanda, Tanzania

My son is working in Rwanda, and we were thinking of coming to visit him this summer. He may be able to get 1 week off from work to travel with us. We aren't sure whether we should fly him to Tanzania and go on one of the group tours offered there. There seem to be quite a few companies and they all appear to be moderately expensive. Any recommendations on spending 2 weeks in Africa that would be in this particular area? What are the best travel companies to look at? What might be the sights "not to be missed"? Thanks.

kigali
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggested itinerary, Rwanda, Tanzania

It's better to organise your trip from Rwanda or Tanzania, some tour companies in Rwanda could help you doing those arrangements and trip ,

For more information you can be in touch with

Info@e-ctourandtravel.com

He will help you

Singapore
Level Contributor
1,316 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggested itinerary, Rwanda, Tanzania

Obviously you should see Rwanda with your son while he's there. We did Tanzania and Rwanda last December. We spent a week on safari in Tanzania in the Serengeti then flew to Kigali, visited the Genocide Museum (highly recommended) and then spent 2 nights/ 1 day in PNV for the gorilla safari (really fantastic). I can recommend Amahoro tours for Rwanda. We did not like our operator for Tanzania as much so you may want to surf the TZ forum to get some other ideas. I would contact each sector separately and book flights yourself. TS will be cheaper and give you greater control.

Kampala, Uganda
Level Contributor
555 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Suggested itinerary, Rwanda, Tanzania

Don't miss gorilla tracking in Rwanda or Uganda and for wildlife i also recommend Tanzania or Uganda.

Arusha, Tanzania
Level Contributor
153 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Suggested itinerary, Rwanda, Tanzania

Flights with Coastal between Serengeti and Kigali make the planning much easier. But it is expensive. Also if you are thinking about seeing Gorillas this summer or staying inside Serengeti you better get moving. During the months of July and August things sell out quickly. If you can travel in June there is still availability and some places offer much better rates.

Kampala
Level Contributor
1,804 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Suggested itinerary, Rwanda, Tanzania

Post 1 , what are you upto?

ld
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,679 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Suggested itinerary, Rwanda, Tanzania

I would not miss Rwanda or the Gorillas, we spent 3 nights in Rwanda before flying to Dar Es Salaam with Rwanda air and then went on safari to the Selous for 4 nights. We had an amazing time, If I were to change anything I'd have stayed an extra night in Rwanda. We did 2 gorilla treks and I am glad we did, but I wish I'd had an extra day to see just a little more of Rwanda. it was a fascinating country, beautiful beyond words too.

7. Re: Suggested itinerary, Rwanda, Tanzania

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 April 2014, 05:15