We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

"Best country" for seeing gorillas?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
363 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
"Best country" for seeing gorillas?

Hello folks,

Not sure where to post this question, but here will do:

I am thinking of an East Africa trip next year. I am wondering which of these destinations is best recommended for viewing the mountain gorillas - in terms of accessibility and chances of good sightings: Rwanda, Burundi or Uganda?

Thanks

Craig

Kampala
Level Contributor
1,966 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: "Best country" for seeing gorillas?

Both Uganda and Rwanda are great for Gorilla trekking

In terms of accessibility, Rwanda is better but the permits are more expensive here.

Uganda permits cost 500USD where as Rwanda permits cost 750USD.

Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: "Best country" for seeing gorillas?

Uganda and Rwanda are better for gorilla trekking , but the permit price are different

Rwanda 750$ and Uganda 500$,

According to the transport, Rwanda is best than Uganda,

Wishes u all the best

London
Level Contributor
512 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: "Best country" for seeing gorillas?

I have done both (Uganda and Rwanda) and Rwanda was better. It was a long tough trek in Uganda whereas one of the Rwandan gorilla groups took 40 mins. I was there to see the gorillas and not spend all day trekking (although I do love trekking but in not in rainy, slippery conditions)

4. Re: "Best country" for seeing gorillas?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 July 2014, 05:19