We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gorilla Expeditions?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
363 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Gorilla Expeditions?

Hello all,

Has anyone used the following tour company for gorilla tracking in Rwanda: Gorilla Expeditions? I have been corresponding with a guy called Paul, who has been very helpful. Just wondering if anyone has any personal experiences?

Thanks

Craig

Kampala
Level Contributor
1,966 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gorilla Expeditions?

Have you looked for them in this thread/?

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g293828-i9987-k5…

2. Re: Gorilla Expeditions?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 20 May 2015, 17:32
Helston, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Gorilla Expeditions?

Have just come back from Rwanda and want to let everyone know about Paul and his wonderful safari company GORILLA EXPEDITIONS (www.gorillaexpeditions.com). We contacted him after reading the some of reviews that were posted on this site. We e-mailed him with our requests and he was happy to give us whatever we wanted. When we arrived in Kigali(Rwanda), he sent a driver to meet us at our hotel and took us to his office. There we discussed our itinerary and paid our deposit. He usually asks for a deposit before departure and then balance on arrival, but we did not want to pay through a bank, so we paid when we arrived. He gave us his opinions about the various lodges available and told us that we could change from our original booking if we wanted. Our son had been unwell and he was prepared for us to cancel at last minute if he was still ill.

I would definitely go with him again - fantastic service and a better price that the tour operators.

Make sure you go with the right Paul.

Thanks again Paul.

Sydney, Australia
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Gorilla Expeditions?

Gorilla trekking feedback with Gorilla expeditions

I've written this recommendation to share with other internet users.

"it was july 2012 when I had my vacation to uganda , I used a local travel agency here in Australia through Clifton from Travel managers to arrange my vacation to Uganda, it was by surprise that Clifton chose /subcontracted to work with a local company based in uganda called Gorilla expeditions it was a 8 days trip highlighting gorilla and chimp trekking +wildlife , jackson was my guide sure I had a wonderful guide on my tour of Uganda, he took me off the beaten track and went out of his way when I wanted to visit a church and school friends in Australia wanted me to do. I met his Mum and we had the best time, I was on the tour just he and me. It was very special and we have remained friends and keep in touch. I would recommend this company to anyone who wants to tour Uganada....and, I saw the gorillas. I will return to do another tour or if not to visit Jacakson as I now have a World Vision child in the north of Uganda (kitgum) who I would like to visit. We saw so much in the week I was there and wonderful game in Queen Elizabeth National Park, my guide spotted the lion and cubs and we watched till night fall, we had the whole spectacle on our own, it was magic. Loved Murchison Falls and the area, the beautiful countryside where we went into the villages and met lots of locals, a memorable holiday - which was all due to gorilla expeditions. In case any one else is interested, I have attached to link to his company’s website: www.gorillaexpeditions.com ."

Mary Eakin.

Edited: 23 December 2013, 06:46
5. Re: Gorilla Expeditions?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 December 2014, 05:16