We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Umubano Tours Rwanda

Broadbeach...
Level Contributor
9 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Umubano Tours Rwanda

Has anyone used this tour company before? I am thinking about using them but have not found any reviews about them...not sure if that is a bad thing, or if this is just a very small company.

Cheers!

kigali
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Umubano Tours Rwanda

They are very good but according to their services are very experienced

Kampala, Uganda
Level Contributor
555 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Umubano Tours Rwanda

I know them as a small company but they can handle big business , so just go ahead book with them.

Melbourne, Australia
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Umubano Tours Rwanda

I did my gorilla trek in rwanda with them and climbed mt nyiragongo in the drc too. they are a bit hard to deal with- the owner came across as being quite clueless but I think it came down to language barriers and cultural differences because when out there they knew their stuff- except for guessing how much water to take and telling people what to wear. The trek up the volcano in the DRC was quite risky seeing as it was election weekend and tension and violence was escalating but they handled it really well. I never felt unsafe (well slightly unsafe but I think that was wondering why I had decided to climb an active volcano to camp over the lava lake during the third elections the Congo has had since independence...)

Anyway... end rant.... go with them they will look after you :)

Broadbeach...
Level Contributor
9 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Umubano Tours Rwanda

Thank you for the info julesjg. We are going with them in December so hope it goes well.

Cheers!

Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
38 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Umubano Tours Rwanda

I recommend Umubano tours, Herbert and Charles are trustworthy guys! Go ahead and book them!

Kampala
Level Contributor
1,853 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Umubano Tours Rwanda

They are a member of RTTA - Rwanda tours and travel association which is an added advantage.

7. Re: Umubano Tours Rwanda

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 22:18