We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One day in Kigali

cjs79
8 posts
Save Topic
One day in Kigali

I'm going to be in Rwanda in June and unfortunately have less than one day to spend in Kigali. My flight arrives at 9am in the morning and I am spending the night near Volcanoes National Park for my gorilla trek the next morning. I realise it might be squeezing a lot into a short time but I would really like to visit the Genocide Memorial Centre in Kigali and at least one of the genocide churches at Ntarama or Nyamata before driving to Musanze for the night. Can this easily be done and approximately how many hours would I need in and around Kigali as I read conflicting times about how long it takes to get to the churches?

Thanks in advance.

Kampala
Level Contributor
1,958 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One day in Kigali

Yes this is too much for less than a day.

What time do you return to Kigali for your next flight

cjs79
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: One day in Kigali

On my last day i'm coming back from Lake Kivu and my flight leaves at 2pm so don't think i'll have time to do anything other than go straight to the airport.

kigali
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: One day in Kigali

I think you can visit memory site the first day, from airport to memorial site and afternoon straight to musanze and next day Gorilla trecking and back to Kigali

4. Re: One day in Kigali

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 February 2014, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Kigali