We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weaving Groups

London
Level Contributor
115 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Weaving Groups

Hi

I have a business working directly with weaving groups in Kenya and importing the products to the UK. I am now looking at Rwanda and am wondering if anyone has any contacts with small weaving communities that they can share with me. I prefer to work directly with the weavers and not go through a middel man.... this is how I work in Kenya. I visit each weaving group - buying baskets from as many as I can. I do not take stock on consignment.

If anyone can help please let me know - this is the beginning of my research.

Thanks

Newcastle upon...
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Weaving Groups

hi,

if u need to know the best areas to find this then try musanze district where u can buy as much as u want at the lower costs . its a two hour ride to musanze district from kigali, once u are there u can easily find the women who normally sell the baskets... try it

London
Level Contributor
115 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weaving Groups

Thanks so much - I have been in touch with one already and will be visiting next week.

Kampala, Uganda
Level Contributor
492 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weaving Groups

We have go some young boys and girls doing the same here in uganda and you could just pass by and see too.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
192 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weaving Groups

Volcanoes opportunity association might know of folks.

Volcanoesopp@yahoo.com

I did a village walk with them and we visited some women weavers while in one of the villages.

5. Re: Weaving Groups

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2015, 05:15