We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 full days in Kigali Rwanda

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
140 posts
40 reviews
4 full days in Kigali Rwanda

Hello,

I arrive May 13th at 10:30am to Kigali Airport My flight leaves at 7 pm on Monday 16th.

Friday May 13--- Arrive at 10:30 am Kigali airport

Saturday May 14

Sunday May 15

Monday May 16---- arrive at Kigali airport for 5 pm to depart

I would like to see and visit

1. Nyamata Genocide Museum

2. Kigali Memorial

3. Nyamata and Ntarama Churches both one hour outside of Kigali

4. Buatare- National Museum

5. Hotel Rwanda

6. Lake Kivu

Is this all possible in 4 days. I will travel with my partner. We will not have a car. We are happy with jam packed.

I want to stay a night in Lake Kivu May 15-16 do you think that could work? Or best just stay in Kigali? I did want one day to relax and enjoy a camping night at Lake Kivu.

We are fine with a jam packed weekend. But I want to do something for sure to learn about the Genocide that happened. is there a museum that are must sees or one that I could take out of the itinerary?

Please let me know how my itinerary could work

Thanks in advance

I was going to stay at an AirBNB Art gallery that is really popular. $25/night is my budget but if you can recommend anything else for two ppl no more than $40 per night let me know too.

Thanks

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
140 posts
40 reviews
1. Re: 4 full days in Kigali Rwanda

Could I see volcanoes or would this be too much with the itinerary I have mentioned above?

How much to rent a car for the day?

How much to rent a car with driver for the day?

Thanks

Edited: 19 April 2016, 13:56
Kampala, Uganda
Level Contributor
37 posts
7 reviews
2. Re: 4 full days in Kigali Rwanda

Meou,

4 days would be fine but only if you have a private guided car , if you travel by public means, since connectivity to some places may not be easy, the best option would be you hire a private car or you hire a private guide to take you through this journey, you have left out one (Murambi genocide memorial) located in Nyamagabe. in Gisenyi, you can stay at paradise malahindi.

Kampala, Uganda
Level Contributor
37 posts
7 reviews
3. Re: 4 full days in Kigali Rwanda

The rav4 4x4 would be around $95 per day including the driver guide. but you can fuel the car your self as you move.

Renti ga car only can be $65 per day Rav4 or $95 for Toyota landcruiser

you can see Volcanoes enroute from Gisenyi/lake kivu but time may not be there to do any activity unless you leave Gisenyi as early as 4:30 Am , this may be possible for you to be in kinigi /volcanoes park by 7:00Am to participate in gorilla trekking or golden monkey.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
140 posts
40 reviews
4. Re: 4 full days in Kigali Rwanda

Day 1- Friday May 13th

Arrive at 10:30 am—- Check in at hotel

Quick Lunch

Go to Kigali Genocide memorial centre (5 hours) 1pm-5pm

after 5pm Go to the markets if still open.

late evening Dinner

Day 2- Saturday May 14th

Bus ride to Lake Kivu —- (3 hours one way)

Don’t know what to do there, I guess relax???

How can I get there by bus from Kigali town?

Day 3- Sunday May 15th —-

Leave lake Kivu to Kigali —- (3 hour bus ride oneway) back to kigali or to the Nyamata church and Ntarama

Nyamata Genocide Church and Ntarama Genocude church—-1pm-5pm

Is this possible to get there coming back from lake kivu? or just go back to kigali and then head 25 km to these two churches.

Day 4- Monday May 16th -

What could I do on my last day here???

At Kigali airport for 5pm to go to Tanzania.

Thanks

I don't want any national parks...

I do want a market to buy crafts and art and african fabric

Thanks

Kigali, Rwanda
7 posts
5. Re: 4 full days in Kigali Rwanda

Hi Meow,

I am a local well experienced guide, born, raised and based in Kigali-Rwanda. I usually do business tourism, but I am willing to help you on this itinerary. And yes, rest assured that you can do all of the above mentioned trips, plus a hike into the mountains to see the gorillas.

However, I offer paid services. So please let me know if you're interested in talking further about your journey to Rwanda. I would offer also a chauffeured car, plus I myself being your guide. My email is info@iwacutravels.com or igitegoangello@gmail.com

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Kigali, Rwanda
7 posts
6. Re: 4 full days in Kigali Rwanda

Hi Meow,

I am a local well experienced guide, born, raised and based in Kigali-Rwanda. I usually do business tourism, but I am willing to help you on this itinerary. And yes, rest assured that you can do all of the above mentioned trips, plus a hike into the mountains to see the gorillas.

However, I offer paid services. So please let me know if you're interested in talking further about your journey to Rwanda. I would offer also a chauffeured car, plus I myself being your guide. My email is info@iwacutravels.com or igitegoangello@gmail.com

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

7. Re: 4 full days in Kigali Rwanda

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 April 2017, 05:16