We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Surftrip to Senegal (NGor)

2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Surftrip to Senegal (NGor)

Hello everybody,

A friend of mine and me are planning a surf trip to Senegal. Before applying for the Visa I read doe alarming articles about Ebola in adjacent countries. Further, different websites are warning from going into town and drive through the country as the Al-Quida should be a threat, especially for Europeans.

I would be glad to get an opinion from somebody who is actually living in Senegal or visited the country recently. I would love to explore west Africa but I am unsure if it will be a relaxing time with all these risks, issues and threats.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Julian

Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
174 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Surftrip to Senegal (NGor)

HI that is no Ebola in Senegal the countrys involve are Guinea conacky. Siera leone and Liberia and about the

AL QUIDA Theat can be dangerous by the Nord of Mali to the Mauritain Border .you can have the nice spot surfing in Dakar by NGOR SIDE

Have the nice trip

2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Surftrip to Senegal (NGor)

Great. That helps! Thanks a lot :)

Dakar, Senegal
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Surftrip to Senegal (NGor)

Still no cases of Ebola in Senegal

You can follow the situation here gosurf.dk/en/…west-africa-ebola-outbreak

Dakar, Senegal
Level Contributor
278 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Surftrip to Senegal (NGor)

I just posted some information about Ebola and Senegal but the short answer is no, there is no Ebola here. You can keep up to date yourself by just googling it. There are only 3 countries affected - there are 53 countries in Africa. The media is spreading misinformation by making it sound like a scourge across the lands!

I am assuming you are also concerned about local food & accommodation with regard to your surfing vacation, hygiene wise, and that's behind your question as well. If your camp has scheduled your surfing area for Yoff beach... walk away. There are better, cleaner beaches for surfing and local people don't even surf over there because, quite frankly, it's dirty from the fishermen. You can email me at SenegalStyle@gmail.com for more information about local beaches.

There are several surfing camps here in Senegal as surfing is a very popular sport locally as well and in fact, Rip Curl sponsors a professional surfer friend of mine named Omar that owns two surf shops in two high end areas, Almadies and Ngor but his prices for my guests are quite reasonable (about $15 a day including board and wetsuit).

You can rent a clean comfortable bug free room (including meals) for about $40 a night and do the 'surf camp' vacation on your own. You can also go surfing free at BCEAO beach, a very clean and well organized area near Ouest Foire.

Here is a link from TripAdvisor.com:

www.tripadvisor.com/Search…

Have fun and good luck!

5. Re: Surftrip to Senegal (NGor)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2015, 06:16