We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

train dakar to thies

Which Dakar hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
california
Level Contributor
12 posts
144 reviews
Save Topic
train dakar to thies

Is the passenger train Dakar-Thies running?

Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
173 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: train dakar to thies

Yes is running but only on the morning and the evning but is of on saturday and sunday the call it

le petit train bleue cause of the Blue color of the train

california
Level Contributor
12 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: train dakar to thies

Thank you so much. Does it go both ways morning and night or only one way in the morning and the other at night?

Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
173 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: train dakar to thies

THe Blue train is used only to take wokers and pepole who want to traveld from thies to Dakar the morning time is from thies to Dakar 6 Morning and From Dakar to Thies from 5clok noon only two trains per day

and both are only one way

california
Level Contributor
12 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: train dakar to thies

My daughter who works in Dakar and Thies says it is not running for passengers. Her photos of the train look like the locomotive is rail maintenance equipment. Can you confirm passengers are using this train?

california
Level Contributor
12 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: train dakar to thies

Also, I thank you very much for responding...this is the first recent information I have had on Senegal railways.

Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
173 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: train dakar to thies

Hi i comfirm that passengers are still using this train evry day

7. Re: train dakar to thies

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2015, 06:17