We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

food

chennai
1 post
Save Topic
food

I want to know about foods availability for vegetarians

London
Level Contributor
4 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: food

Hi there,

It depends where of course you are staying and whether you will spend most of your time in hotels or private accommodation. For the latter, fresh food and fish (if you eat fish) is in abundance from local markets and therefore good wholesome vegetarian dishes would be easy to create as per your requests.

If you intend to spend most of your time in hotels which would mean making use of restaurant facilities, then yes I would say vegetarian options wouldn't be a problem as most restaurant menus are based on continental, Sierra Leonean and Lebanese dishes. Obviously, it would help to communicate your preference in advance and build a rapport with the staff so that they would be more inclined to offer you more personalised dishes to your requirements.

Durban, South Africa
Level Contributor
4 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: food

I am very concerned also about this same topic! My husband got a new job in SL, and we are moving to Makeni, SL in June! Im worried there wont be a decent selection of fresh vegtables, and I eat primarily Asian food, so not sure what I will do. If you go to SL soon, please let me know how the situation there looks for vegetarians! Thanks!

Freetown, Sierra...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: food

We have all kinds of vegetables in makeni city,we have one of the biggest farm there which supply other town like portloko,Bo,and the rest.And we have our local treader there how move around to sale these goods we also have there a super-market were you can buy all kinds of food of your taste so come and enjoy the best in makeni city.

Have a safe tripe to Sierra Leone/Freetown.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
30 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: food

Believe it or not there is a good variety of non-meat dishes.

eatyourworld.com/destinations/africa/general…

eatyourworld.com/destinations/…foofoo

eatyourworld.com/destinations/africa/general…

If you eat fish, then the options are a plenty.

Orange, California
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: food

Here is some food guide for your info.

teenshealth.org/teen/…vegan.html

6. Re: food

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 November 2014, 07:17
Get answers to your questions about Sierra Leone