We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 nights enough in Swaziland?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
160 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
2 nights enough in Swaziland?

My husband and I will have our second honeymoon in SA. After few days in Kruger Park, we will drive to Swaziland, now still on planning. I need advice on Swaziland accommodation, things to do, and how many nights should be enough?

We will check out from Sabi sand in the afternoon, then drive to Swaziland stay over 1 or 2 nights then drive out from Swaziland to Vryheid.

Just want to make sure if our rental car from Johannesburg will need any pass or permission to enter Swaziland as it's different country.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,850 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 nights enough in Swaziland?

Hi Princess,

I think two nights would be excellent specially if you want to take extra day to relax. During the week day may be one night will do, and two on weekends. MO Swaziland has a different "look" as an African nation compared to SA. As you probably know, Swaziland is smaller and activities are less. One thing I liked to do there was driving around the country for picture taken. There are some rivers raft, caving and cultural tours, many hiking trails, and some game reserves way smaller but more accessible. The cultural center is worth to see. The handcraft shopping is excellent with great prices to take home. There a re few restaurants and bars open.

Ensure you tell the rental company to going to visit Swaziland, that way the car insurance covers Swaziland. They arrange that on site. Crossing the border with rental is easy.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
160 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 nights enough in Swaziland?

Thanks @boricua-one!

Have you been to Swaziland? Do you mind to share with me for your itinerary of Swaziland? Things like where to stay, eat..etc.

Thanks!

Jo

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,850 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 nights enough in Swaziland?

Hi Princess,

Been there two times, normally I stay on a bed and breakfast private homes around Ezulwini I did visited some hotels near Ezulwini as well but din't stay there though. Don't remember everything on my trip but will do my best. My first trip entered Oshoek and proceed to reach Mbabane eat at Nandos I think is the name of the restaurant, Then went to the craft shop by Mantega, and Downtown Mabane, and Manzini, and drove around Marlkens. Spent the night on a restaurant in Mababane and the to a bar in Manzini. The next day drove to Mkaya reserve and some driving on the east. The last day drove from Mabane to exit Swaziland thru Bulembu. We make a short stop in Malolotja, nice views ans scenary driving, nice view of the Dam river and there is a hotel with restaurant near by for picture taken and stop checking on some street vendors with handcraft arts. Road conditions are good but must pay attention to pedestrian and some walking animals transiting on both sides. That was my first trip, no problems crossing the border, no more than 30 minutes of formalities. Country have more economy challenges than SA. People are the best, and crime is lower compared to SA. When you plan to go? I'm planing to go in June, and BTW I went during summer tha's Jan Feb time frame.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,850 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 nights enough in Swaziland?

My sencond trip enterd Oshoek again, Checked Mantenga and Milwane area. Stayed at Ezulwini and checked into a bar nearby, then to Siteki, not much there, but it was ok there, then to Hlane, I did spent some time there, then further north went to another reserve forgot the name then I decided to take Jeppe's reef because of the border hours.

I would like to point out that some bed and breakfast are not advertized on the websites in general. Some hotels I visited appear to be nice, but I preferred B&B for a budget travel. I really have not much to speak about hotels because did not stayed in hotels. May be next time.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
160 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2 nights enough in Swaziland?

Hi Boricua,

My hubby and I will be traveling to Swaziland in September and we will be driving from Kruger Park Shaw gate to Mbabane. We not sure how many nights should we spend there. It's either 2 or 3 nights. The first night we reach should be around evening time and no idea what can we do.

The second day we will visit Mantega Cultural Village. I read that you had your meal at Nandos!! There are Nando's restaurants in my country but I would love to try the Africa one as l heard it was origin from there :)

We also prefer BnB, do you mind to PM me?

Thanks and have a good day!

Jo

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,850 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 2 nights enough in Swaziland?

Hi, just read your post, two nights will do depending were you stay. Outside Mbabane is not that busy. Mantega have b&b will check on the names.

7. Re: 2 nights enough in Swaziland?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 June 2013, 10:17