We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

White River To Royal Swazi and then on to St L

Benoni, South Africa
3 posts
Save Topic
White River To Royal Swazi and then on to St L

Good Day,

I am looking for some up to date info regarding the routes I should take from White River in Mpumalanga to the Royal Swazi/Lugogo Sun in Swaziland using the Oshoek Border Post. We will be staying 2 nights at the Lugogo Sun and then heading towards St Lucia using the Lavumisa Border Post towards Durban.

I would like to know if the roads are tarred and suitable for a sedan all the way and which route would be best to take (road condition wise). Also what are the border times. Google says Oshoek is open from 07h00 to 22h00 and Lavumisa from 07h00 to 22h00 as well.

I see the two routes from Mababane to St Lucia are the N2 and the MR8 and N2.

Any assistance will be appreciated.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,850 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: White River To Royal Swazi and then on to St L

If you take the borders the you posted here, then you are in good shape. The roads are good enough for sedan and yes Oshoek is your best bet. Post a short review here to assist other visitors. Thanks.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,850 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: White River To Royal Swazi and then on to St L

Regarding to Oshoek, it's open until midnight, not sure if still the same operating hours.

Benoni, South Africa
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: White River To Royal Swazi and then on to St L

Will definitely update when I return.

I was told using the Bulembu Border Post would be a better/more scenic/shorter drive. Thanks to boudecca for the map.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,850 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: White River To Royal Swazi and then on to St L

Bulembu????? NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!...The roads are still bad, and for a sedan, no way. You will have to drive very slow wih the sedan, and for sure it would be nice, is an little scenic but no under those conditions. Take better Oshoek or Jeppe's Reed/Matsamo.

5. Re: White River To Royal Swazi and then on to St L

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2014, 05:16