We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

suggest an resturant on way to QENP

India
Level Contributor
174 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
suggest an resturant on way to QENP

hi,

we would be travelling from kampala to queen elizabeth NP with our 2 under 5 sons.we plan to start early in morning that means we have to stop on way for breakfast & again for lunch when we turn back.

pls,can anyone suggest a good resturant somewhere midway which can provide good food .

thanks

pragati

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
38,534 posts
402 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: suggest an resturant on way to QENP

As you cross the EQuator there is a good one on the right hand side of the road heading west in sight of the 'Line'.

Your driver will most likely stop there anyway for Photos.

Several good restaurants in Masaka, 2 hours or so west of Kampala.

also Mbararara has a good one on the left opposite the supermarket as you enter town.

Just ask your Driver. they know the places to go.

Rwanda
Level Contributor
509 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: suggest an resturant on way to QENP

I can second the cafe at the equator and it has a nice little art gallery/shop too.

The children might find the water trick at the equator fun too.

India
Level Contributor
174 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: suggest an resturant on way to QENP

hi,

thanks for the reply.

we have been to lake Mburo NP this easter & have stopped at Equator.i am not sure if we will stop again.it has to be Mbarara or Masaka.if ,u guys can give me the name of resturants it would be a great help.otherwise i am going to put the boys on lookout as soon as we enter Mbarara .

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
38,534 posts
402 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: suggest an resturant on way to QENP

I did not know you knew the area, Pole.

Then you will know the distance to Mbarara.

The place I recall stopping for lunch at was opposite Fuel statons as you entered from the East. Looking at my town plan it could well have been the Agip Motel. Sorry I cannot be more specific.

Rwanda
Level Contributor
509 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: suggest an resturant on way to QENP

I think it must be the Agip, husband thinks that's where he stops off on the way back from Kampala.

6. Re: suggest an resturant on way to QENP

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 May 2010, 06:19