We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Uganda and Mamaland Safaris

Madrid
5 posts
Save Topic
Uganda and Mamaland Safaris

Hello. We traveled last month to Uganda with Mamaland Safaris and we had an excellent experience with them. Our guide was Godwin, very funny but also very prfessional, and we also had the best driver: Mike. They are great people and very good guides and at the end of the trip we had already 2 new friends in Uganda and still have contact with them.

The advantage of this budget company, appart of the price, is that you travel alone with them (and not with a big group of people), so if you want to change the itinerary, you just need to say it and they prepare everything.

We had a great experience in Uganda and we are sure that mostly was thanks to them that took care of us all the time.

Mentioned in this post
Uganda
Uganda
Africa
Woods Safaris
Eco Tours, Hiking & Camping Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Safaris
Johnnie Uganda Safaris
Multi-day Tours, Safaris, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Wild Discoveries Safaris
Safaris, Day Trips, River Rafting & Tubing, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Multi-day Tours
Wild Jungle Trails Safaris
Nature & Wildlife Tours, Safaris
Kampala
Level Contributor
3,256 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Uganda and Mamaland Safaris

ding ding, ding..

I didn't get that. The strategic "already" in [already the 10th time] sounds like a Dutch or Belgian syntax to me. I agree about the French though!

You can usually spot the plants at several paces; and regular posters or the quiet ones who don't, but read a great deal and then PM, always do too!

Sint-Niklaas...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Uganda and Mamaland Safaris

We traveled with mamaland safaris for different times. Everytime it's a well organized trip. Driver Tony and Godwin bring us to the most beautiful places of Uganda. Even the safari to Kidepo NP¨was an amazing adventure. A big advantage is the knowledge of Tony about birds and other animals. He is driver, guide, humorist,...

Mentioned in this post
Uganda
Uganda
Africa
Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
38,915 posts
408 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Uganda and Mamaland Safaris

Some photos would be very nice.

Sint-Niklaas...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
14. Re: Uganda and Mamaland Safaris

pictures on: www.mamalandsafaris.com

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
38,915 posts
408 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Uganda and Mamaland Safaris

Sorry. You misunderstood me.

I was wanting to see some of the pictures that you took during your trip. Commercial websites are notorious for using 'stock' photographs that bear no relationship to reality.

Even the "Gallery" only held six photos of not much at all.

Tongeren, Belgium
5 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Uganda and Mamaland Safaris

I used this company a few years ago together with some friends from school!!

It was a great trip!

Very good quality for money!

Good food and great guide!

Kampala
Level Contributor
3,256 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Uganda and Mamaland Safaris

A few years ago? Glad you recall good memories!

London
Level Contributor
38 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Uganda and Mamaland Safaris

Limburgish is a Franconian language and an official minority language, recognised by the European Union as such. It's spoken in parts of the Netherlands, Belgium and Germany and has many dialects.

Walloon is another language of Belgium and is recognised as an indigenous regional language, but not an official language.

Flemish (or dialects of Flemish) is spoken all the way through the west of Belgium, down to the border with France. In fact, there's a dialect of Flemish spoken in the border areas of France called, appropriately enough, French Flemish.

I really should get out more.

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
38,915 posts
408 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Uganda and Mamaland Safaris

I think you get out quite enough as it is.

Soest
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Uganda and Mamaland Safaris

I can highly recommend Mamaland safaris in Uganda

I did a 6 days/5 nights Safari trip with Godwin to Bwindi, Bunyuoni, Queen Elisabeth NP and it was very personalised.

Enjoyed it very much. Beautiful Uganda

Their Pumba lodges near Queen Elisabeth NP are gorgious overlooking the national park.

Mentioned in this post
Uganda
Uganda
Africa
Bwindi Lodge
Bwindi Lodge
151 Reviews
Bwindi Impenetrable National Park, Uganda