We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Churchill Safaris

New York, NY
12 posts
Save Topic
Churchill Safaris

Anyone have experience with Churchill Safaris? We are planning on booking a Kenya-Tanzania-Rwanda tour with them. I am posting on the Uganda forum because they are based in Kampala. For some reason, their website is down as of today so I am concerned. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Kampala
Level Contributor
1,804 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Churchill Safaris

I think Mfuwe has posted several reviews regarding this company.

You can PM him for updates.

I too know this company.

Kampala, Uganda
Level Contributor
555 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Churchill Safaris

We all know church hill safari based in Uganda. They offer trip in Uganda,Rwanda,Kenya and Tanzania. About the serves you can ask Mfuwe. I think they have a technical problem with the website but it will on today or tomorrow. Enjoy your stay in Uganda.

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
36,619 posts
342 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Churchill Safaris

Probably under maintenance. It is up again now.

AS ugandasafaris says I have used Churchill six times already and find them good. Would I go back again if they were not?

There are other happy clients on here too. I have not used them for a multi country trip as I prefer to do one country at a time much as I would not try to visit Canada, US and Mexico in one trip over the pond.

North Coast, N...
Destination Expert
for Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
5,365 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Churchill Safaris

We've chosen them for our forthcoming largely based on generally very postive reviews on here over the last few years.

If you have a look at the top sticky on this forum for trip reports, some of these will be from Churchill clients. I'm pretty sure Crans, a fellow New Yorker used them but her report from circa 2009 is in the trip report thread so you can check.

I don't think there's been a review in the last few months from a Churchill client but I am sure gettaway1 used them but hasn't submitted a full report yet although did commen on a great trip. Gettaway - where are you?!!!

Edited: 18 April 2012, 19:07
Kampala
Level Contributor
45 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Churchill Safaris

As all other responded,its a reliable company-Go ahead and book.

UGANDA
Level Contributor
483 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Churchill Safaris

Churchill safaris is a reliable tour operator. They are a professional credible company that has been in existence for over 10 years. Some of their past clients' trip reports are listed here;

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293840-i9254-k524…

Mfuwe here can also give you more information about them as he has used them several times.

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
36,619 posts
342 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Churchill Safaris

I have just been told Churchill had a problem with their server going down this week. They are working on it but currently cannot receive or send Emails.

(PS. Why do you folks link me with them? I am only a client, but a happy one! I did hear that a Kampala operator accused Mama Kyambadde of being me! That was so funny if you could see it.)

Edited: 19 April 2012, 16:06
UGANDA
Level Contributor
483 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Churchill Safaris

Really ? A Kampala Operator accused her of being Mama Kyambadde ? Your English is purely western .I wouldn't accuse you of being a Ms Ether .

I just love the way you are confident and always accrediting them . Hence my conclusion. Totally no hard ones .

Anyway , Churchil safaris is a credible company. A mentor in the industry is what I would call them .

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
36,619 posts
342 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Churchill Safaris

Off topic but I think you got that the wrong way round. Mrs (Mukyala) Ether Kyambadde was accused of being me.

As for my English being purely western, what else could it be given my upbringing? And it would be very dangerous to suggest I was a Miss or Mrs anything! It could bring on a nose bleed at least!

Time to move on!

UGANDA
Level Contributor
483 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Churchill Safaris

Osijali Rafik , Awo hawana biashiara ya kufannya - Wako Na Mambo tu. PM me for interpretation .