We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weekend trip from Mbarara?

Texas
10 posts
Save Topic
Weekend trip from Mbarara?

Hi everyone! Anyone have any suggestions and contacts for a weekend trip from Mbarara? This weekend I went to Lake Mburo. The weekend prior I went to Queen Elizabeth. Both were great. Not sure where to go this weekend. Trekking in Rwenzori seems difficult to plan. Gorilla trekking seems expensive. Please send me any ideas! I have to work Monday thru Friday. Thanks!!!

Kampala
Level Contributor
1,843 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weekend trip from Mbarara?

You can go to Lake mburo national park juts an hours drive from Mbarara to lake mburo park

Or if you have enough time, head to Kibale forest to track the chimpanzees. But book the chimp permit as soon as possible. You can also visit the stalagmites and lactities in Nyakasura Forportal

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
37,001 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weekend trip from Mbarara?

Head SWest.

Lake Bunyoni, Plenty Lodges. Island or mainland.

Lake Mutande, Sheba's Camp or Nkuringo Safari Lodge.

The 'neck' at Ruhija. Stay at Trekkers Tavern and walk to Mbwindi Swamp.

Or Ishasha Sector of QENP. Modest places just outside the gate. Or UWA Bandas inside.

UGANDA
Level Contributor
483 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weekend trip from Mbarara?

You can take a trip from Mbarara to the Ssese Island . The Ferry can be found in Masaka .

Another weekend trip that I suggest is a rafting tour but this requires you to either have an over night in Kampala or Jinja if you are to start from Mbarara .

My third option is the Ngamba Island tour whiche also required you to have an over night in Kampala or Entebbe because Mbarara is very far away.

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
37,001 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weekend trip from Mbarara?

Prior to Ssese Islands is the little resort of Nabugabo which is a quiet place to relax.

Jinja and Ngamba are longer than a week end.

Texas
10 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Weekend trip from Mbarara?

Thank you all for your great suggestions! I think I have narrowed it down to spending the weekend at Ndali Lodge near Fort Portal; Kyaninga Lodge also near that area in Fort Portal; or Birdsnest @ Bunyonyi Resort. It depends on availability for Friday and Saturday night.

Thoughts?

Kampala
Level Contributor
3,256 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weekend trip from Mbarara?

Excellent idea! You won't be disappointed.

Kampala, Uganda
Level Contributor
555 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weekend trip from Mbarara?

Primate lodge or chimp nest would be the right choice for kibale national park.

Kasese, Uganda
Level Contributor
28 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weekend trip from Mbarara?

you can visit queen elizabeth national park, you can stay at king fisher hotel at kichwamba bunyaruguru, this hotel has a fantastic view to queen elizabeth national park

Kasese, Uganda
Level Contributor
28 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Weekend trip from Mbarara?

trekking at rwenzori national park is not difficult, it is 35 us dollers a day with R T S. you can link up albert safaris in kasese they can organise every thing. thanks

10. Re: Weekend trip from Mbarara?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2013, 10:17