We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Two days free in Entebbe

joancollins69
Level Contributor
122 posts
173 reviews
Save Topic
Two days free in Entebbe

After my gorilla trek I’ve elected to stay on Entebbe for two days before flying on to Nairobi (seemed to scary) before starting a safari, so was wondering for some suggestions to pass the time.

Kampala, Uganda
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Two days free in Entebbe

Ngamba Chimp Island is a 30min boat ride away from EBB. UWEC, Botanical Gardens (You can invite a friend for a picnic meal in these beachy gardens).

Kampala
Level Contributor
1,935 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Two days free in Entebbe

Uganda wildlife education center can work for you.

This is former zoo that show case some of the wildlife animals found in Uganda.

joancollins69
Level Contributor
122 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Two days free in Entebbe

thanks for those

i am doing the chimp island and might pop into the zoo, i just figured as i am doing a safari i'll be seeing heaps of wild life (fingers crossed)

what about a cruise on the lake?

Kampala
Level Contributor
144 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Two days free in Entebbe

You can arrange boat trips (or fishing trips) with Wild Frontiers (G&C Safaris) who are based in Entebbe.

Mabamba Swamp is also an option from Entebbe if you are interested in unusual birds.

As everyone else has mentioned the Botanical Gardens & UWEC are easy options, as is Ngamba island.

The Boma is the best all round option for accommodation in Entebbe and Gorettis is a fantastic location for lunch (pizzas on the beach). Faze 3 does an amazing selection of curries and is a good option for sundowners.

joancollins69
Level Contributor
122 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Two days free in Entebbe

thanks for those suggestions too

the swamp sounds intriguing

and Gorettis sounds great i am a veggo

thanks to all for your replies

Kampala
Level Contributor
3,256 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Two days free in Entebbe

Hi Joan!

Don't waste time with UWEC, it'd be a major let down.

Just go with the flow and unwind before the craziness of Nairobi!

joancollins69
Level Contributor
122 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Two days free in Entebbe

thanks Shelly

im trying to organise a day trip to Jinga

but a day unwinding also has appeal

i'm not very good at doing nothing though

unless im on my couch at home!

Entebbe, Uganda
Level Contributor
124 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Two days free in Entebbe

If you request for a good guide UWEC is a haven of not only captive but also free ranging wildlife- birds& reptiles+ mammals.

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Two days free in Entebbe

Refer to Trip Advisor: 21 Day Nairobi to Victoria Falls Accommodated Safari which I have just completed for ideas.

Kampala, Uganda
Level Contributor
25 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Two days free in Entebbe

Entebbe has lots of activities for everyone. Either travelling on Budget, Independent traveller or on luxury trip.

Here is my list;

>>>Tour the historical Churches in the area. Entebbe Town has some of the oldest Anglican and Catholic Churches in Uganda

>>>Head to the beach. The best beaches in Uganda are here. All these beaches are unique ranging from service, location to clientele; The quietest and infact the most remote is Nabinonya Beach situated some 12km out of Entebbe town. Others within Entebbe include; Imperial Resort Beach, Anderita Beach, Lido Lido Beach and Aero Beach. Ssese Gateway Beach is renown for serving the best fish + chips

>>>Uganda Wildlife Education Centre commonly known as ZOO. This can be combined with a visit to Botanical Garden - Good for birding and reading your fav book

>>> If you love cheap bargains, head to the open market which takes place every Tuesday right in Kitoro or Catch the one on Saturday at Kitubulu some 5kms from Kitoro

>>>See chimps at Ngamba Island Chimpanzee Sanctuary. This combines enjoying both a boat cruise on L.Victoria and visiting the Chimps. Accommodation is available at the Island.

All the above can be arranged through your hotel/guest house. You just have to ask them.

Alternatively, contact Pearl of Africa Tours and Travel on their website. http://www.pearlofafricatours.com/ They are my fav when it comes to city tours around Uganda.

Happy trip and thanks for #VisitUganda :)