We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lake Mburo - Rwonyo Rest Camp contact info?

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
59 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
Lake Mburo - Rwonyo Rest Camp contact info?

Has anyone ever stayed at Rwonyo Rest Camp at Lake Mburo?

I have sent several e-mails to UWA trying to make a reservation, but I get no response. My calls to UWA in Kampala don't go through either.

Does anyone have direct contact info so I can book a banda at this UWA rest camp ahead of time? I'll be passing through Lake Mburo for 1 night and would really like to stay in this rest camp.

Or, if someone has any recommendation for another accomodation at Lake Mburo (preferably cheap like Rwonyo) I'll also be thankful.

Kampala, Uganda
Level Contributor
482 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lake Mburo - Rwonyo Rest Camp contact info?

Are you sure that the correct spelling of the camp because am going through all the campsites in lake Mburo and i don't something like that but i will try to get it if possible.

Kampala
Level Contributor
1,843 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lake Mburo - Rwonyo Rest Camp contact info?

It is the right spelling. Lake Mburo Rwonyo rest camp and it is run by Uganda wild life Authority -UWA.

Keep calling UWA for more information

Kampala
Level Contributor
1,843 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lake Mburo - Rwonyo Rest Camp contact info?

You can go with your tent and contact authorities at Mburo to find you a place to camp, the best place to camp will be near Lake mburo shelter, a restuarant near the lake.

Alternatively

Go for budget accommodation at sky blue motel out side Lake Mburo National park on your way to Lyantode town.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
59 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lake Mburo - Rwonyo Rest Camp contact info?

Thanks guys for your input. I won't be bringing a tent so that's why i need to reserve a banda. I read that it's really necessary to book ahead. I'll keep trying to phone them but it's such a nuisance and costly, too.

Thanks for the suggestion on alternative accommodation!

Kampala, Uganda
Level Contributor
555 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lake Mburo - Rwonyo Rest Camp contact info?

You can book it using this number +256392711346 , let me know after calling them.

Kampala
Level Contributor
3,256 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lake Mburo - Rwonyo Rest Camp contact info?

How much are you willing to pay? You may find Rwakobo Rock a better and altogether more reliable option, with no park fees to pay.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
59 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lake Mburo - Rwonyo Rest Camp contact info?

Will have a look, thank you. What kind of prices do I have to think of for this one? Their website doesn't state prices.

Kampala
Level Contributor
3,256 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lake Mburo - Rwonyo Rest Camp contact info?

Depends when you are going.

Email them, official opening is coming up. There is a review on here.

Kampala, Uganda
Level Contributor
555 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lake Mburo - Rwonyo Rest Camp contact info?

Its only 50000 shillings which is like $20 in a tent of 2 people for bed only .,Break and other meals you can have them at the lake side restaurant.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
612 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Lake Mburo - Rwonyo Rest Camp contact info?

I tried calling them yesterday for reservations and she could barely hear me. She told me to e-mail me reservation request to lake.mburo@yahoo.com. They replied within 24 hours and my reservation was secure.