We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need Uganda guide book

Randers, Denmark
Level Contributor
157 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Need Uganda guide book

I hit Mombasa yea\sterday and found that I have left my Uganda guide book back home in Denmar. So I urgently need another copy

Can I buy it in Kampala where I will stay a couple of days before traveling around? I'm also interested in purchasing a used copy if anyone is about to leave the country

I expect top arrive to Kampala January 4th or 5th

Thank you for youur attention and have a safe trip /Jesper

Randers, Denmark
Level Contributor
157 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need Uganda guide book

Wouldn't mind a used copy. Mine is Bradt's but other guides could be useful. So is anyone about to leave Uganda when I get there and want to sell theirs?

Or which bookshop is most likely to carry travel guides?

Thanks again /Jesper

Entebbe, Uganda
Level Contributor
124 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Need Uganda guide book

While in kampala go to aristoc book shop, though you"d be able to get in most gift/craft shops in Entebbe or kampala.

Randers, Denmark
Level Contributor
157 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need Uganda guide book

Thanx a lot YAMPA_10, where is this book shop located?

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
2,277 posts
252 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need Uganda guide book

It is in Garden City mall, any boda driver will know where that is

Kampala
Level Contributor
3,256 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need Uganda guide book

If you can wait til 7th you get a good chance e buying 2nd hand at the Book End, in the grounds of The surgery, Acacia ave. Near Garden City. Saw some recently.

Aristoc is not open on Sundays.

6. Re: Need Uganda guide book

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 29 May 2013, 12:05
Kampala
Level Contributor
3,256 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need Uganda guide book

Hello Joseph

Please read the Community Guidelines for Trip Advisor. You cannot make direct solicitations. Any general contributions are welcome however.

Wales
Level Contributor
693 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Need Uganda guide book

The original Aristoc is on Kampala rd right in the city centre by the junction with Entebbe road.

9. Re: Need Uganda guide book

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 June 2014, 05:15