We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Matoke tours

Antwerp, Belgium
1 post
Save Topic
Matoke tours

I've read a lot of positive experiences with Matoke Tours. I plan a trip to Uganda by the end of the year. Can you tell me if their cars have airco and are comfortable as I have backbone problems.

Kampala
Level Contributor
3,256 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Matoke tours

Why don't you ask them that directly?

Pretty well all vehicles in Uganda are fitted with AC, but often the local drivers have the windows open and they don't have it on. You need to check that.

You could also search the numerous posts here on this company, try the search box.

My concern is your back. Regardless of what type of car you are in, many of the roads, and the safaris will be very bumpy. You'd better take a cushion or pillow with you for comfort in the vehicle.

Kampala, Uganda
Level Contributor
555 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Matoke tours

Matoke tours is well know ,fully registered company by the ministry of tourism in Uganda, owned by Dutch people,full members of AUTO.

North Coast, N...
Destination Expert
for Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
5,376 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Matoke tours

Matoke are well respected. We travelled with chuchill but our jeep did not have air con although in all honesty there was only one day when we really felt we needed it. Most of the time you want to have the windows open or rooftop up for game drives and photos.

Kampala
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Matoke tours

I can vouch for Matoke tours as well. Legitimate, professional and vastly experienced company.

Australia
Level Contributor
31 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Matoke tours

We just travelled with Matoke and our vehicle did not have air conditioning but we didn't need it during our trip as the windows were down and we got a great breeze. I believe they have vehicles with air conditioning but you would need to check with Carolein or whoever you are dealing with.

My concern would also be your back, the roads can be pretty bumpy and the days on the road long, so you may need to look closely at the travel time on your itinerary as we found some days hard work and our backs are ok.

6. Re: Matoke tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 February 2014, 06:15