We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One to watch.. if and when you can...

Kampala
Level Contributor
3,256 posts
90 reviews
Save Topic
One to watch.. if and when you can...

The well-known and long-running BBC Top Gear programme, will be shown on BBC 2 on Sunday. It's a 2 part special.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01r5xcq

Then it should follow on BBC World.

No idea when I'll get to see it though!! The quest is an interesting one of course!

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
37,650 posts
374 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One to watch.. if and when you can...

OMG. That is all Uganda needs. A Loudmouth and a Hamster on the loose!

Kampala
Level Contributor
3,256 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One to watch.. if and when you can...

Google, there are a few images of down in the bowels of Kla.

Bet you'll watch it though!

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
37,650 posts
374 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One to watch.. if and when you can...

Never watched JC since he forced us into a Public Enquiry when he blocked a historic footpath to 'preserve his privacy' when in residence. Cost the taxpayer £75K, but he lost big time and paid mega££ to Lawyers. Rumoured to have cost him his marriage too. (or was that just natural lust?) A total $h*t.

Kampala
Level Contributor
144 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: One to watch.. if and when you can...

I hope they re-find the source in Jinja, and none of this little spring in Rwanda nonsense that the BBC has been spouting on about with Joanna Lumley.

Nonsense I tell you!

I saw them in the center of Kampala down by the the old Taxi park - trust them to find the worst traffic spot for their mockumentary shenanigans.

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
37,650 posts
374 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: One to watch.. if and when you can...

Surely the true source of Nile is in Jinja already. Don't they brew it there?

Who cares about a river when there is serious drinking to be had nearby?

Kampala
Level Contributor
144 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: One to watch.. if and when you can...

True enough, though I'll grudgingly admit that Rwanda has some pretty good beers too.....

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
37,650 posts
374 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: One to watch.. if and when you can...

Fairs fair! Let Rwanda have Primus but they can't have the Nile as well. They call it the Kagera there anyway and drinking it is not recommended.

Kampala, Uganda
Level Contributor
139 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: One to watch.. if and when you can...

good info shery.

Kampala
Level Contributor
144 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: One to watch.. if and when you can...

Mfuwe, you're actually onto something there. Clarkson and Co. should have been searching for the true Source of the Nile Beer - it would have made an interesting change anyway.

The Beeb seems to be rehashing all their ideas at the moment; what are the bets that Clarkson rocks up to that same little spring that Lumley went to?

It seemed so silly when I was watching it; Lumley and her crew are hacking their way through the bush to find the spring; and horrors! - they get lost in the forest. And then they continue hacking away, and against all odds they find it. And theres a big sign there. And a well carved path behind it that presumably everyone else uses to get there......

It also seems silly to claim that one of the (numerous) sources of Lake Victoria is somehow the source of the mighty Nile River.

At this rate the next 'modern explorer' to come along looking to make a name for himself will claim that, actually, the same waters of the Nile continue on into the Mediterranean and out into the Atlantic. Yes, the new mouth of the Nile is the Rock of Gibraltar - you heard it here first people.

Although, now that I think about it.......that same water from the Nile eventually evaporates, and precipitates into a small puddle in my ancestral home somewhere in Germany, whereupon it evaporates again and precipitates back over that spring Lumley went to.

So yes, through the sheer force of my sanctimonious will to change a long standing discovery for my own benefit, I have in fact discovered that both the source and mouth of the Nile belong to me.....

Clarkson and Lumley will have to come back to do a sequel.

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
37,650 posts
374 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: One to watch.. if and when you can...

I love the Satire Sol.

Good luck with the tourists arriving to your house for rare Nile Water. Maybe a new twist to Eau de Cologne?

Actually <Yes, the new mouth of the Nile is the Rock of Gibraltar - you heard it here first people. >

If the Rock IS the source of the Nile then maybe the Falklands guard the Estuary which is why the British keep defending them? They control the whole darn river!!

We digress!