We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tour operator for the 2013 solar eclipse

Sydney
Level Contributor
101 posts
91 reviews
Save Topic
Tour operator for the 2013 solar eclipse

Well, there is going to be solar eclipse visible from near Murchison Falls later this year, and it would be good if a reliable local tour operator offered a tour that included the eclipse as well as some other attractions eg the gorilla encounter

Can anyone recommend a tour or operator?

Search of this forum draws a blank; Google brings up a uk company, who is surely sub contracting to someone local, and who's prices, though I have asked for a quote , will be beyond my reach I feel

Thanks

Kampala, Uganda
Level Contributor
555 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tour operator for the 2013 solar eclipse

http://www.auto.or.ug You can get them from that link.. But for accommodation in murchison falls were the solar eclipse will be viewed better is fully booked from the 1st to 6th.11.2013 so for this i can only recommend the luxury mobile camps they still have space...

Kampala, Uganda
Level Contributor
88 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Tour operator for the 2013 solar eclipse

The Association of Uganda Tour Operators has the list of all members of Tour Operators in Uganda. the link is given above and am sure you can contact them. Other tour operators have the links on their website for the specific program of the eclipse with the accommodation already booked. safaritoeastafrica.com/index.php/total-eclip…

London, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Tour operator for the 2013 solar eclipse

The most experienced UK solar eclipse tour operator is www.astro-trails.com

They are well known in the astronomy field and have operated eclipse tours for the past 30 years and have a full eclipse programme for Murchison Falls eclipse. Take care to check your operator understands about an eclipse!

Brendan M

Prescott, Arizona
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Tour operator for the 2013 solar eclipse

TravelQuest is a tour operator who specializes in total solar eclipse travel and they have a tour that you might be interested in:

travelquesttours.com/tours/…

They bring experienced astronomers on tour and plan the tours with them to be sure you are getting the max totality time in the area you are wanting to go to. I highly recommend them - very professional and they definitely know what thy are doing.

5. Re: Tour operator for the 2013 solar eclipse

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 17 April 2013, 18:19
Edited: 17 April 2013, 18:19
Kampala, Uganda
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Tour operator for the 2013 solar eclipse

Contact Premier Safaris for more information and logistic support at operations@premiersafaris.com . They have an Eclipse group that you can join in Uganda. Accommodation will be at Paraa Safari lodge in the Murchison’s falls National Park

7. Re: Tour operator for the 2013 solar eclipse

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10 June 2013, 16:35
Kampala
Level Contributor
3,256 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tour operator for the 2013 solar eclipse

Dear Alfie

You might be from one of the greatest counties on the planet.. but I'm sorry no can do. Refer to TA community guidelines.

Hampshire
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tour operator for the 2013 solar eclipse

WHat do you mean. I've answered the question posted.

Sydney
Level Contributor
101 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tour operator for the 2013 solar eclipse

Actually thanks.

I have some private ,message responses and personally prefer if these were open communication