We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel Suggestions- First trip to Uganda!!

New York City, New...
1 post
Save Topic
Travel Suggestions- First trip to Uganda!!

Hi everyone,

My partner and I will be traveling to the southeastern part of Uganda to do some outreach work. We will be there for about 6 weeks. The first 5 weeks we will be with a organized group. In the end, we will have about a week after our work ends in which we wont have organized lodging, plans etc. We were looking for suggestions on things to do and see during that time frame. Do you have any recommendations? Should we try to plan something in advance (especially for lodging) or wait until we get there and work the details out? We would like to stick to a budget, but we don't want to miss out either. This is our first time traveling to Uganda. It will be around the end of July.

Thank you!

Jane and Brittany

Kampala, Uganda
Level Contributor
555 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel Suggestions- First trip to Uganda!!

July is high season so you need to plan every thing in advance.. Gorilla tracing would have been the main highlight but the permit is $500... You can also visit some other like Queen Elizabeth National Park , Kibale national Park

Kampala
Level Contributor
1,845 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel Suggestions- First trip to Uganda!!

I agree, July is a peak month so you need to book your budget lodges a head of time.

If you are interested in doing the gorilla trek, first buy the permit then book the lodges depending on the gorilla family to trek. This should be done soonest as gorilla permits for July are almost sold out.

3. Re: Travel Suggestions- First trip to Uganda!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 April 2014, 06:15