We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best bus or other option from Jinja to Nairobi

Hawaii
Level Contributor
100 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
best bus or other option from Jinja to Nairobi

Akamba Bus line has gone out of business, is there any good, reliable, comfortable line from Jinja to Nairobi. If so, what time would it depart? Does it originate in Jinja or in Kampala, with a stop at the gas station to pick up passengers?

Is there a place in Jinja where the ticket could be booked, in event it comes from Kampala?

With regards to Kenya Visa: as a US citizen I need a visa...any problems getting (multi-entry for 100usd) at the border while the bus waits? I know the wait depends on the traffic at the time...maybe someone has recent experience with that. thanks for the help!

Kampala
Level Contributor
87 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: best bus or other option from Jinja to Nairobi

modern coast or queens are top notch options. the journey starts in kampala but they will stop in jinja to pick u up.

Kampala, Uganda
Level Contributor
482 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best bus or other option from Jinja to Nairobi

Kampala coursers have an office in jinja and kampala so just go to jinja office and book. they will stop over to wait for you in jinja at their offices while when you reach the border too, they do wait for you to clear for your visa.

Call+256782738949 and he can help you book in jinja so you will be picked up .

Thanks nice journey

Edited: 30 July 2013, 07:46
Kampala, Uganda
Level Contributor
482 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best bus or other option from Jinja to Nairobi

This is their transport fees to Nairobi. Jinja to Nairobi costs 65000 shillings.

Nairobi
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: best bus or other option from Jinja to Nairobi

There is also Kampala Coach and Kalita, Simba coach and the cost is nearly the same US $ 25 - 30

Dubrovnik, Croatia
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: best bus or other option from Jinja to Nairobi

Hi,

I'm looking for a bus transportation from Nairobi to Jinja, any reliable recommendations? Please provide of place in Nairobi where tickets can be bought and what would be the price?

Thanks in advance!

Steffisburg...
Level Contributor
2 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: best bus or other option from Jinja to Nairobi

how are you do you kow what Campany is the Best to get from Nairobi to Kampala with the Bus

Steffisburg...
Level Contributor
2 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: best bus or other option from Jinja to Nairobi

how are you there i just read youinsos about busses to kampala do you know any infos about busses compamy who are goig to kampala from nairobi if there is a webside or where i can cal thanks

Kampala
Level Contributor
3,256 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: best bus or other option from Jinja to Nairobi

Hello look at EasyCoach, they have a good website, their buses are modern and apparently have a good safety record.

9. Re: best bus or other option from Jinja to Nairobi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 01 March 2014, 10:35
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: best bus or other option from Jinja to Nairobi

I recently travelled from Nairobi to Jinja with Kampala Coaches and I just wanted to advice anyone who is considering it that it was the most atrocious service I have ever experienced. This is the first time I have been moved enough by the horribleness of a journey to publicise it on the internet... the 10 hour journey took 20hrs by the end due to a 3.5hr delay in departure (2.5hrs waiting until they poached customers from other buses and 1hr at the service station), 2hr wait at the border transferring us to a matatu and waiting again for the vehicle to fill, and worst of all, despite them knowing I wanted to alight at Jinja, they didn't stop at the transfer point and I ended up in Kampala, on a matatu back to Jinja. In addition, one "toilet break" on the side of the road by a ditch plus refusal to let me access my baggage to get a jacket when it got cold overnight, and no apology for any of it. Rant over, but try another company!