We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Primate Watch Safaris review

London, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Primate Watch Safaris review

We have just returned from a 10 day trip to Uganda and Rwanda organised by Primate Watch Safaris.

We chose this company because of the great reviews posted by previous travelers and we were not disappointed. Our whole trip was arranged by Flo at Primate Watch Safaris.From being met at Entebbe airport to our return 10 days later everything was perfect. We traveled extensively throughout Uganda and Rwanda under the excellent guidance of our driver Ben. He looked after us from start to finish and had a superb knowledge of the wild life. We saw many, many animals and birds the highlight being the tree climbing lions and of course the gorilla trekking in Rwanda. Accommodation was superb throughout, all recommended by Flo. At around US$3500 per head D B and B and private driver, excluding gorilla permits, it was also great value. I would recommend Primate Watch Safaris to anyone planning a trip to Uganda and Rwanda.

Woods Safaris
Eco Tours, Hiking & Camping Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Safaris
Johnnie Uganda Safaris
Multi-day Tours, Safaris, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Wild Discoveries Safaris
Safaris, Day Trips, River Rafting & Tubing, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Multi-day Tours
Wild Jungle Trails Safaris
Nature & Wildlife Tours, Safaris
Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
115 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Primate Watch Safaris review

Kindly list down the lodge so that other travelers can also choose the same lodge and some photos..

London, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Primate Watch Safaris review

Lodges included Parraa Safari Lodge, Ndali Lodge, Mweya Safari Lodge and Mihingo Lodge. All were great. Mihingo probably just got first place followed by Ndali Lodge and then Mweya. I put Parraa in final spot because although a good hotel it was the largest and so less intimate and during our stay the pool was closed for repairs.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
137 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Primate Watch Safaris review

We used Primate Watch Safaris for our trip to Rwanda & Uganda in May & it went off without a hitch. Ben was our guide & he was sooo funny & sweet, which was awesome b/c we spent so much time w/ him over the course of 11 or 12 days! Flo met up with us at the Kampala Serena to pick up the final payment & say hi & get feedback - what a sweet woman & we always got very prompt feedback to my numerous questions over e-mail beforehand. Now I want to go back asap!

Farmington, USA
Level Contributor
82 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Primate Watch Safaris review

You obviously chose or were suggested decent accommodations. Glad you enjoyed Uganda.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
3 posts
309 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Primate Watch Safaris review

We spent 19 days touring Uganda with Primate Watch Safari. Flo was the main reason I choose this company out of the many available. She was quick to respond to a inquiry, and I wanted a company run by a women. Ben picked us up at the airport and was a perfect driver, guide, and companion (extremely professional) during our long, days on the roads seeing Uganda from one end to the other. I have nothing negative only positive comments on the company, and would recommend them highly if you are considering a trip to Uganda. IF you have the time stay a few days in Kidepo one of our favorite national parks. Take a good camera with good lenses because there are so many amazing photography opportunities every time you turn around. Enjoy a trip to Africa, Primate Watch Safaris made our trip even more that I anticipated. We felt safe, and the lodges were amazing on the high end, and wiring money to an unknown company across the world can be scary, but I can vouch that Primate Watch Safaris is a genuine company that can give you an amazing experience traveling to Uganda. Pack light, prepared for dust and dirt, and enjoy the real Africa experience! We loved it!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,431 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Primate Watch Safaris review

Hi Travelwithnise,

Are you going to do a full trip report? I'd love to hear more about where you went and the places you stayed, etc.

And if you have a link to some photos, that would be excellent!

7. Re: Primate Watch Safaris review

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 April 2015, 07:16