We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brovad Safari Tours were outstanding!

London, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Brovad Safari Tours were outstanding!

I have just returned from a 5 day gorilla safari with Brovad tours and it was incredible! Everything was extremely well organised, I stayed in beautiful accommodation (I paid for mid range accommodation), visited 4 different national parks, saw so much within metres including gorillas, tree climbing lions, elephants, hippos, crocodiles, cobs, eagles, baboons and buffaloes. My guide, Brian was fantastic. He went out of his way to ensure that I had the best possible trip and he was a brilliant driver, making me feel comfortable and safe the entire time even on the very bumpy, steep and windy roads. He was also extremely knowledgeable about Uganda and it's wildlife and also had some great stories to keep you entertained on the long journeys. I learned so much from him in just 5 days. Although this trip might at first seem expensive, it was genuinely great value for money when you consider permits, fuel, accommodation, food and guide. I only wish I had booked a longer one, I will definitely book with Brovad again. Thank you so much!

Cologne, Germany
8 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Brovad Safari Tours were outstanding!

A friend and I will be traveling with same company because it was recommended by someone but we will be doing camping through out for 14 days. What is the weather like in Uganda? we will be jetting in on 9.09.2013..

Mathias..

Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Brovad Safari Tours were outstanding!

I did the three-day gorilla trek in Uganda with Brovad Tours and Travel. All in all, it was a superb trip. I was picked up on time, the driver/guide was fantastic, the hotel was very nice and the gorilla trek itself was breathtaking.

The one thing I found irritating about Brovad is their lack of communication/transparency. On their website it says clearly that the trek takes place in Bwindi National Park and in emails with Brovad it was confirmed to me that we would be staying at the Gorilla Valley Lodge. We ended up going to Mgahinga National Park and staying at the Traveler's Rest. Mgahinga, or Mount Gahinga, is a massive volcano on the boarder to the Congo and Rwanda. I absolutely loved it. Also, the Traveler's Rest is a beautiful place with friendly staff and great food. So, when it comes to the experience, I totally got what I wanted. My recommendation to Brovad Tours and Travel, however, would be to be more transparent about what is possible or not, and if there are any changes in the itinerary.

3. Re: Brovad Safari Tours were outstanding!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2015, 06:18