We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excellent service for private transport Entebbe-Kampala!

Port Stephens...
Level Contributor
23 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Excellent service for private transport Entebbe-Kampala!

I have just spent a week in Uganda, I stayed in Entebbe and had to travel into Kampala and back twice and then once picked up from the bus back to Entebbe, and also to and from the airport. At first I was going to use the public transport taxis, but was advised that a private car would be a lot easier for me as I had to go to the UWA, find a new camera and go to a hotel and the public transport taxis stop and go and don't go all the way and I would have had to catch many different ones to get what I wanted done. Jamil my driver was amazing! He took me to the UWA who were closed, took me to 2 shops to look for a camera, then back to the UWA to see if they were open, then to a shopping centre for cameras, then an entire street full of electronic stores and walked with me in every shop, then to the hotel (which was not nice) so he took me back to Entebbe. He helped so much and was much more than a driver it honestly is the best service I have received any where in the world! Another day he took me back to UWA and the bus station and helped organise a bus to BINP, and then waited for the bus on return from the national park 3 days later to take me back to Entebbe. I recommend him and his services highly, it took the stress out of many things and was very enjoyable driving around with him and having a laugh and a chat. He also runs private car to Machision Falls Park and Queen Elizabeth National Park, Kenya Masai Mara National Park and Nairobi which I did not have to time to visit. If you want very polite and excellent service inbox me and I can forward you his details :)

24 replies to this topic
London, United...
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Excellent service for private transport Entebbe-Kampala!

Hiya,

Could you please inbox me this guys' details and an idea of price?

Thanks!

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
36,794 posts
342 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Excellent service for private transport Entebbe-Kampala!

thanks for this post which I missed first time around. Very useful t know this.

Bergen, Norway
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Excellent service for private transport Entebbe-Kampala!

Hi I am from Norway and was in Uganda in April, had a driver who drove me all the places I wanted to go, she had 3 vehicles, 4-wheel drive, fine, good and big cars, you can try to contact her, her contact info is Doreen Kyomugisha phone +256 752 256 965. email is namatovuzawadi@yahoo.com

Best Regards

Frode Blix

Port Stephens...
Level Contributor
23 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Excellent service for private transport Entebbe-Kampala!

My driver Jamil mentioned in the original posts contact details are, email: muzamilnsubuga@yahoo.com, phone +256 0783 669364 or +256 0714 206102

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
2 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Excellent service for private transport Entebbe-Kampala!

Thank you for the name and the phone.. I am going there soon and it is nice to have a dependable driver. Would of been nice if you had posted how much he charged you per day, per hour, per ??

Edited: 17 November 2013, 12:31
Bristol, United...
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Excellent service for private transport Entebbe-Kampala!

I am visiting Uganda in June with a group of people from around the world - the International Friendship league.

We are staying in Entebbe. I would appreciate the details of your driver. Most of us are quite elderly, so would appreciate a driver who is helpful and jolly. Thanks

Port Stephens...
Level Contributor
23 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Excellent service for private transport Entebbe-Kampala!

My driver Jamil mentioned in the original posts contact details are, email: muzamilnsubuga@yahoo.com, phone +256 0783 669364 or +256 0714 206102 he is very helpful and I am sure he will look after you :)

Bristol, United...
6 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Excellent service for private transport Entebbe-Kampala!

Thank you. I shall contact him nearer the time and shall let you know of the experience.

9. Re: Excellent service for private transport Entebbe-Kampala!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 01 March 2014, 09:05

Bristol, United...
6 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Excellent service for private transport Entebbe-Kampala!

I want to hire a mini bus with driver - setting out from Kampala each day. Has anyone been successful doing this. I should like to know of daily costs .

Reply to: Excellent service for private transport Entebbe-Kampala!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted