We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Uganda & Rwanda Entry Visa's for Canadians

Guelph, Canada
Level Contributor
20 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Uganda & Rwanda Entry Visa's for Canadians

Hi !!

My girlfriend and I are travelling to Uganda and Rwanda in Feb 2014. We arrive in Entebbe and then do a Safari thru Uganda and then cross in to Rwanda and then leave for home from Kigali.

I have done a bunch of research about entry visa's and most say for Uganda we do not have to do anything while still at home in Canada, and we obtain the travellers visa on arrival to the Entebbe airport. And for Rwanda we also do not have to obtain anything in advance and we obtain a visa when we make the land border crossing from Uganda in to Rwanda. (not sure which border location we are crossing but we are travelling form Lake Bunyonyi to Volcanos NP)

Can anyone shed some light on this for me so I can be more confident that this is correct.

Thanks everyone

Mentioned in this post
Uganda
Uganda
Africa
Entebbe
Entebbe
Central Region, Uganda
Kigali
Kigali
Kigali Province, Rwanda
Entebbe Airport
Entebbe Airport
Entebbe, Uganda
Lake Bunyonyi
Lake Bunyonyi
118 Reviews
Kabale, Uganda
Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
39,075 posts
408 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Uganda & Rwanda Entry Visa's for Canadians

I think there are special rules for Rwanda now whereby you apply ahead by Email, a bit like the USA ESTA process. I should check that out and also check that the 'special' rules for Canadians in Rwanda have been rescinded. I recall a couple of posts a while back on this point.

Kampala
Level Contributor
2,142 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Uganda & Rwanda Entry Visa's for Canadians

You will get a Uganda Tourist visa at Entebbe Airport on arrival. I think you will need a double entry visa for Uganda. Otherwise On your way from Rwanda, you are likely to pay 50USD to enter Uganda.

From Lake Bunyonyi, you will access Volcano park through Cyanika border.

Mentioned in this post
Uganda
Uganda
Africa
Entebbe Airport
Entebbe Airport
Entebbe, Uganda
Lake Bunyonyi
Lake Bunyonyi
118 Reviews
Kabale, Uganda
Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
39,075 posts
408 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Uganda & Rwanda Entry Visa's for Canadians

Uganda. He is not returning to Uganda once at KIG.

OP may find this useful.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g293828-i9987-k4…

Edited: 01 December 2013, 20:44
Mentioned in this post
Uganda
Uganda
Africa
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
11,792 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Uganda & Rwanda Entry Visa's for Canadians

Best to email the respective embassies in canada, or check their websites. They would be the ones doing your visas if you did them ahead, so should have details for you.

Guelph, Canada
Level Contributor
20 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Uganda & Rwanda Entry Visa's for Canadians

Thanks everyone for the quick replies. We will pick up a Uganda visa when we arrive in Entebbe and we have put in our online request for a Rwanda visa....no response yet though...not sure how long it will take.

Mentioned in this post
Uganda
Uganda
Africa
Entebbe
Entebbe
Central Region, Uganda
Guelph, Canada
Level Contributor
20 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Uganda & Rwanda Entry Visa's for Canadians

Still waiting on our Rwanda visa's. The website states that they have been approved, but we have no received anything in our email, or junk folders. We have even tried work emails. I have spoke with Rwanda Immigration and they recent the emails and still nothing has shown up. Our home email addresses are with Hotmail, I wonder if anyone else has had success with a different email provider. Maybe the firewall settings on hotmail and our work emails are to strong. Any help I'd really appreciate!!

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
11,792 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Uganda & Rwanda Entry Visa's for Canadians

I think you can open a gmail account, and then have your hotmail emails rerouted to that account - or just ask them to scan the email and fax it to work.

Guelph, Canada
Level Contributor
20 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Uganda & Rwanda Entry Visa's for Canadians

thanks Quiltingmamma!!

I tried that, but they ended up just sending me the attachments of the visa confirmation thru my Facebook account. If anyone has trouble with this try writing a message to Rwanda Immigration's Facebook page. They replied to me really quickly and helped out a lot. Got the visa's in hand now and are ready to go!

Kampala
Level Contributor
3,256 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Uganda & Rwanda Entry Visa's for Canadians

woo and indeed hoo!

You'll have a great time; don't forget, no plastic bags in Rwanda!

10. Re: Uganda & Rwanda Entry Visa's for Canadians

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2014, 06:19