We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

14 day trip suggestions

Illinois
Level Contributor
87 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
14 day trip suggestions

We are planning a 14 day trip to Africa and would like to include the Gorilla trekking as part of our trip. Any suggestions on the itinerary. We will also like to end up spending some time on Indian Ocean at the end of the trip (may be Kenya or other coastal country).

Will appreciate any suggestions.

Kampala
Level Contributor
3,256 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 14 day trip suggestions

Firstly, welcome to the forum.

There are lots of threads to check out - try using the search box; but I would start with the trip reports at the top of this forum.

Thinking about the end of your trip, you need to consider time of year for the weather/winds/rains. So which month?

Kampala
Level Contributor
1,905 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 14 day trip suggestions

You need to develop a rough Itinerary then we can advise accordingly.

Illinois
Level Contributor
87 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 14 day trip suggestions

I am actually looking for suggestions on itinerary myself....

Kampala
Level Contributor
3,256 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 14 day trip suggestions

It's rather a tall order EY.

Some criteria/guidelines would be helpful please. Such as, type of accomm you want; approx age bracket (are you fit/well/wanting to hike/walk/white-water raft?) Who is the "we"? As a couple? WIth or without a family?

What game are you specifically interested to see? Have you been on safaris before?

Should help us to help you!

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
10,437 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 14 day trip suggestions

Perhaps picking up a book on Uganda and doing some independent research will allow for constructive feedback on initial plans. Or even a simple review of Tour Operators itineraries would give you a start on what to consider. Whereas we try to provide feedback and support fellow travelers, it is always better for a person to do some legwork themselves. Start off by reading trip reports in the sticky above, tour books - that I know are in our public library system, or some websites of TOs are going to help get you on your feet. Travelling to the coast will entail extra visas, flights and possibly innoculations and not sure whether that is worth it. One can easily spend the 14 days doing all the key sites in Uganda. 10 days would be rushing them.

Kampala
Level Contributor
1,905 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 14 day trip suggestions

Alright, for guidance purposes, Ask any Tour operator to develop a sensible itinerary basing on your interest within your travel days.

Kampala
Level Contributor
3,256 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 14 day trip suggestions

I don't think there would be any extra vaccinations QM.

Apparently CNN has just announced this new visa, so that shouldn't be an issue either.

8. Re: 14 day trip suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2014, 05:16