We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driver / guide rates

Geneva, Switzerland
2 posts
Save Topic
Driver / guide rates

Hello,

To organize my budget for a two weeks trip in Uganda,

I need to know the price charged by a good driver / guide

with a 4X4 vehicle like a super custom.

I have children, I need someone experienced, trustful.

Who could give me the price per day?

Is it more expensive, better with a Landcruiser?

Is it better to get the price with fuel included or not?

Thanks for your answers.

Kampala, Uganda
Level Contributor
555 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driver / guide rates

Better with Rav4 and the fuel consumption is less and it can serve the same purpose a land cruiser .. You can get one at $75 with a driver/guide.

Geneva, Switzerland
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Driver / guide rates

Thanks for your answer, but we are four and with the driver...adding to ranger in parks...

Rav4 is too small if we add luggages. What is the price for a bigger vehicle?

Kampala, Uganda
Level Contributor
555 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Driver / guide rates

not less than $100 with a driver guide/

Kampala, Uganda
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Driver / guide rates

My dear you once you travel with children you need a spacious car,i think a supercustom or a van does it better than even a land cruiser & even fuel friendly thus low costs, you will of course have luggage so I think i this one is a better option.

You asked if its better to do it with fuel. Now we can advise you on fuel only if you tell us where you will be travelling for those two weeks. But the only first trick is getting a spacious 4x4 van / supercustom which is both fuel and hire cost friendly than a land cruiser yet they can do exactly the same work.

Now among the companies you should try is AFRI-FRONTIERS,they have their offices just at the ENTEBBE AIRPORT, our NGO.known as pathfinder international hires 4x4 vans / supercustoms from them to up country at $50 ( us dollas) per day with nice reliable drivers.

5. Re: Driver / guide rates

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 January 2014, 17:25
Verbier, Switzerland
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Driver / guide rates

Thank you for all you answers!

Verbier, Switzerland
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Driver / guide rates

Thank you for all your answers! I know an independant driver too.

He drove me and my family many times when I was living as an expatriate in Uganda.

That's good when you want to organize your trip by yourself and not

go through a tour operator. He is flexible and drives carefully, which is

precious. His prices are around 110-120 usd per day ( depending the car

you choose )plus fuel. You can write to me if you need his contact .

Edited: 02 January 2014, 15:08
Kampala
Level Contributor
87 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Driver / guide rates

$85 a day for a 4x4 Nine seat minibus with pop up roof.

1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Driver / guide rates

I would like to have the information.

Greetz Cathy

10. Re: Driver / guide rates

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 May 2015, 07:16