We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone joined a group tour with Churchill Safaris?

Nottingham, United...
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Has anyone joined a group tour with Churchill Safaris?

I'm considering joining a group tour with Churchill safaris as I would be traveling alone and I think this may be the best way to see Gorillas in Uganda on my budget. I was wondering if anyone had any experience of a group tour with Churchill?

The tour is 7 days and includes Gorilla and chimp trekking and Queen Elizabeth National park. Also the tour departs at the start of June, can anyone tell me if this is a good time to visit Uganda?

Many thanks

Mary

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
37,001 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anyone joined a group tour with Churchill Safaris?

Welcome to the Forum Mary,

I don't do group tours per se but I have used Churchill for seven personalised trips over the years. I found them very reliable if that is any help to you.

As to June being a good time to visit the answer is yes. Being on the Equator the climate is much the same year round with maybe a little more rain in march april. However be aware that it can and does rain at any time of the year especially in the Mountains so do pack a light waterproof just in case. The one you wear to the airport in England will do!

Nottingham, United...
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Has anyone joined a group tour with Churchill Safaris?

Thanks for the information. Hearing you have used them seven times reassures me, they must be doing something right!

Illinois
Level Contributor
82 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Has anyone joined a group tour with Churchill Safaris?

As I have been planning my trip; I often keep an eye on T/A and what I gather from the reviews is that you can't go wrong with this company. High quality service and attention to details...

4. Re: Has anyone joined a group tour with Churchill Safaris?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 01 March 2014, 09:05
Reading, United...
Level Contributor
234 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Has anyone joined a group tour with Churchill Safaris?

I also travelled on my own with Churchill Safaris. I didn't join a group tour so can't comment on this, but did a personalised tour on my own. I was very pleased with the service they provided, both organising the trip and the trip itself. No complaints at all.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
108 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Has anyone joined a group tour with Churchill Safaris?

I did the gorilla trip with Churchill. Excellent communications with Ether in advance. Just be absolutely clear about your choice of accommodation; mine was changed without notifying me until the morning of the tour! The lodge was very nice, but it wasn't the point! Churchill apologised afterwards for this. My guide, Xavier was superb and very good company throughout.

I also was due a small refund after the trip due to the number of people on the tour increasing after me booking. The refund took a few weeks but at least it arrived in my account!

Overall, I'd recommend and despite the above issues I'd use them again - ask for Xavier!.

7. Re: Has anyone joined a group tour with Churchill Safaris?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 March 2015, 06:19