We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

10 days trip in uganda

Queenstown, New...
8 posts
Save Topic
10 days trip in uganda

Can anyone recommend a local safari tour company based in Uganda, that is good value for money and I can book direct to cut out the middle Ean?

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
360 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 10 days trip in uganda

There are several very good ones, in fact most but a few do an excellent job.

From my own personal experience I have used Churchill All African Safaris www.churchillsafaris.com for all my trips since 2003. Seven so far with number 8 imminent. I have yet to find fault with service levels but no doubt others may do as good a job. It is just that I don't feel the need to change.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,396 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 10 days trip in uganda

I haven't been yet, so take that for what it's worth, but I got in touch with Churchill, Primate Watch, Safari 2 Gorillas, Sabili Tours and Kabiza Wilderness Safaris. They would probably all give you a good trip.

3. Re: 10 days trip in uganda

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 April 2014, 03:27
Queenstown, New...
8 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 10 days trip in uganda

I was wondering how long do most people wait for a response from a tour operator in Uganda. We emailed 12 companies in Uganda last weekend , i sent the same email to all of them but no reply from any . I will also try email safaritoeastafrica and churchhill.

2 i havent heard off at all.

.this is a private tour for 4 adults for 20 days .

i dont know how long to leave it i am very impatient and not sure i want a tour operator who doesnt get back to me .

I wonder if its because i am to early for prices for next feb or the internent connection.am i just expecting to much.

Kampala, Uganda
Level Contributor
555 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 10 days trip in uganda

maximum 24 hours only.

Kampala
Level Contributor
3,256 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 10 days trip in uganda

No, you should have heard by now.

Kampala
Level Contributor
1,935 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 10 days trip in uganda

Most Tour operators are usually alert and you would get immediate reply.

Could be the e-mail was not delivered in their inbox. May be resend the e-mail

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
360 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 10 days trip in uganda

Well normally some will get through and reply fairly promptly. Hard to envisage all failing.

Have you checked your "Spam" or "Junk" boxes? It sometimes happens that 'new' correspondents end up in there.

FWIW I am getting my replies from Churchill by return (3 in one day) so there is no problem in Kampala with Power cuts etc. My plans for the trip have been put together from the first contact on 30th January to where all my accommodation is booked and confirmed. Can't wait to get moving.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
134 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 10 days trip in uganda

We toured w/ Primate Watch Safaris (www.primatewatchsafaris.com) in late April/early May 2013 & chose them in part b/c of the terrific response times (usually overnight, due to the time difference, often same day if I e-mailed them in the morning, US time), the other factors being friends had used them twice in the past & the price. They do all price points - we did high-end while friends did budget. Primate Watch continued to have great response times to my questions even after we had booked them & paid our deposit. Churchill & African Pearl Safaris also had good response times. Can't remember the other companies we sent itinerary/pricing requests to b/c they either didn't respond at all or responded 1-2 weeks later.

Good luck…you will love Uganda…we sure did & hope to return b/c we only saw a small portion of the country due to time constraints (we also toured Rwanda during the same trip)!

10. Re: 10 days trip in uganda

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 April 2014, 03:27