We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

EAC & Burindi Visas in Uganda

Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
178 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
EAC & Burindi Visas in Uganda

Hi,

I'm landing in Entebbe and I'm planning to move to Rwanda than to Burundi.

Is the East African Visa already on and can I get it on arrival at Entebbe airport?

I'm browing the web but I've found just little infos, and the Uganda embassy in London didn't reply to any of my emails.

Is the EAC Visa multientry or just single entry.

In case the EAC is not on yet, I believe I can do the Ugandan Visa at the airport, but can I do the rwandan as well on arrival?

I'm planning to go to Burundi, and I'm looking how to get the Visa, I've read is not possible to get it on arrival, but is possible at the Burundi embassy in Kampala o Kigali, is it correct?

sorry for so many questions but it's days I'm looking for info without any luck

Kampala
Level Contributor
3,256 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: EAC & Burindi Visas in Uganda

Hello

Yes, sorry to stop and run, will reply fully later. Hectic here!

Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
178 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: EAC & Burindi Visas in Uganda

sure, do not worry about it, no need to rush

Kampala
Level Contributor
3,256 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: EAC & Burindi Visas in Uganda

OK, at last!

The EA visa is now available yes, on entry. My understanding is that it costs $100 and is multi entry for 3 or 6 months, depending on who you talk to, but I am pretty certain it's for 3. This is because it's designed for tourism and not for people who fancy staying "longer!" Ten EA visa will cover you for Rwanda.

When my daughter went to Burundi by bus from Kigali, she was able to get the visa at the border (amidst much tutting and sighing from the Rwandan passengers, who don't need anything). I will ask someone who has been recently, to see if she knows the current status.

Hope this helps.

Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
178 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: EAC & Burindi Visas in Uganda

thanks for your answers, know that I can get it at the Entebbe Airport it's already a success, I was looking for this info in many places and seem nobody knows.

I've found out that for Burundi Visa, I should get it in the Burundy embassy in Kigali. Should cost 40$ and takes 1 day for it.

thanks

Vejprty, Czech...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: EAC & Burindi Visas in Uganda

Hi Miky 76, were you successful in obtaining EA Visa at airport? No any problem?

Thanks

Kampala
Level Contributor
3,256 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: EAC & Burindi Visas in Uganda

People are getting them no problem.

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
37,230 posts
360 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: EAC & Burindi Visas in Uganda

Always check your need for a Visa as this varies from which Passport you have.

e.g. Irish Passports are Visa free in Uganda but not Rwanda whereas UK Passports are $50 in Uganda but free in Rwanda. In both cases therefore paying for an EAC at $100 is wasting $$s unless you intend to retrace your route.

Wales
Level Contributor
680 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: EAC & Burindi Visas in Uganda

A mate of mine from the UK who is a frequent visiter to Rwanda has just returned but said he had to pay for a visa to enter Rwanda.

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
37,230 posts
360 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: EAC & Burindi Visas in Uganda

Your mate was correct. The bounders upped the stakes in November 2014 and now Aussie, Israeli, NZ, RSA, Sweden UK and US passports have to pay $30 at the border for a 30 day tourist visa. (Still cheaper than the EAC $100 if only visiting Uganda - Rwanda once.)

Thanks for the correction.

Bath, United Kingdom
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: EAC & Burindi Visas in Uganda

Can anyone advise me if I am able to get a 6 month EA visa? I am flying into Kigali from UK and staying for 2 months, and will then be in Uganda for 2-3 months. I am taking bus to Kampala from Kigali, does anyone know if its easy to get a single Ugandan entrance visa on road border? Female travelling alone so would rather not be held up for long period of time. Thanks for help