We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need Advice

Duluth, Minnesota
1 post
Save Topic
Need Advice

Hi, I'm new to this sight but planning to go to Africa in December. Has anyone used Africa Travel Company or Absolute Africa?

Kampala, Uganda
Level Contributor
501 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need Advice

Have worked with absolute here in Uganda they are good.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
10,581 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need Advice

Understand that less than 50% of the folks who ask questions here report back how things went, so you use the search option above and see what kind of reviews come up, or if you see something promising, you can send them a PM (private message) via TripAdvisor by clicking their blue 'name' under their picture. If there is a link to 'send a message', they should get a notice in their personal email that they have a PM from Tripadvisor. Know that some folks don't respond.

The other option is to ask the company to send you 3 or 4 references from your home country and speak to them on the phone. Emails can be faked.

3. Re: Need Advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 April 2016, 11:09
Kampala, Uganda
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Need Advice

I have never used them my self but i get to see many over landing truck for Absolute Africa , may be you can try them

Halifax, Canada
8 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Need Advice

I am just finishing a 59 safari with Absolute Africa. I found them excellent. They took 59 days to cover the route other overland companies do in about 40-45 days. This meant we had lots of rest time. We had 5 days in Dar es Salaam and Zanzibar where the others had 3. There was a 3 day houseboat cruise in Zimbabwe. There was 4 days in Victoria Falls and now we are in Swakopmud, Namibia for 4 days.

They are much cheaper than the other overland companies and I feel they are excellent value for the money. One thing I noticed is they don't supply lunch but stop at supermarkets where one can buy their own food. But the price difference so great, that why not.

6. Re: Need Advice

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 13 August 2014, 19:08
7. Re: Need Advice

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2015, 07:17