We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best coach companies in Uganda

London, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Best coach companies in Uganda

Can anyone advise on the best coach operators for traveling between Kampala Uganda & Nairobi Kenya?

Many thanks

Kampala
Level Contributor
3,256 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best coach companies in Uganda

Hello

Look up EasyCoach website.

Kampala, Uganda
Level Contributor
13 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best coach companies in Uganda

I recommend the Akamba services.

Kampala, Uganda
Level Contributor
88 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Best coach companies in Uganda

Kampala coaches and Gaga coaches are also not bad. can look up kampala coach website.

Kampala
Level Contributor
1,918 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best coach companies in Uganda

I have used Akamba before without any problem. I highly recommend them.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
101 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best coach companies in Uganda

Hi,

When looking up information about Akamba coaches reports read that in May 2012 Akamba services were suspended due to a takeover.Are Easy Coach now using their premises?.If so do they have equal safety standards,as thinking about coach travel between Kampala and Nairobi in April leaving morning to avoid overnight travel.

Thanks

London, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best coach companies in Uganda

Thanks for all the info everyone.

I've been told Akamba have stopped operating. However there is a new kid on the block Modern Coast / Oxygen & will look them up. I have seen one of their coaches on the road (white with picture of a lion) & it looked pretty good.

Kampala
Level Contributor
3,256 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best coach companies in Uganda

Avoid GaaGaa at all costs, they have the worst safety record, and basically their name suits them very well.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
2,223 posts
250 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best coach companies in Uganda

I would recommend Kampala coach, just be aware that no matter who you use, driving standards in Uganda are different from the US. They tend to drive fast and pass umm "differently" than we would. Also be aware that you will need to get out at the border of busia and fill out visa forms which can be a chaotic and intimidating experience so remember your bus so that you can meet them again after getting the visa. I have made the trip with no problems, but just making sure you adjust your standards

Kampala, Uganda
Level Contributor
139 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best coach companies in Uganda

use easy coaches,

10. Re: Best coach companies in Uganda

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 12:19