We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sanyu babies home

Barcelona
Level Contributor
45 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Sanyu babies home

I have found the above home through my Bradt guide and I an looking to visit during my trip.

Not sure if it is best to bring some supplies from the UK or donate money. Has anybody been to visit?

Kampala
Level Contributor
1,966 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sanyu babies home

For many years Sanyu babies home has been in existence. You can donate any thing useful to this orphanage.

Kampala
Level Contributor
3,256 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sanyu babies home

Hello

Don't bring anything without contacting them first to ask what they need. You'd be able to buy anything here cheaply, apart from formula. If you know anyone with bottles you could bring them. There's a charity making re usable cloth nappies here, check Facebook. You could then help the women making them.

Sanyu is very well supported, you may like to check out others, for example Kaja Foundation.

Kampala
Level Contributor
3,256 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sanyu babies home

You can buy formula, but not cheaply, is what I mean.

Avoid handing over cash, unless you are certain of the person's accountability and integrity.

Barcelona
Level Contributor
45 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sanyu babies home

thank you so much! I checked their web site where there is a list of supplies that they are looking for and was going to bring some things over but we are only bringing hand luggage. good to know that I can buy them cheaply there and hand them in. Thank you so much for responding!

Kampala
Level Contributor
1,966 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sanyu babies home

Catherine m, you have a big heart. Thanks a lot and keep it up.

6. Re: Sanyu babies home

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 December 2014, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Kampala