We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ideas for 4 day trip

N L
San Francisco...
12 posts
Save Topic
ideas for 4 day trip

How would you suggest spending four days in southern Africa? I have some time planned in Harare, Zimbabwe and Victoria falls and a 3 night safari in hwange national park. . After all this, we will still have 4 days remaining. We would like to visit a nearby country (from Zimbabwe) if possible. Can you suggest a "must see"? Which country/city would you suggest visiting? All things considered, what would be the most economical choice?

london
Destination Expert
for Zambia, Selous Game Reserve, Ruaha National Park
Level Contributor
4,481 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: ideas for 4 day trip

I answered this on the Zim forum, but just to repeat what I said there-

"What time of year is this?

If in the dry season (June-Oct) and already in Zim, I wouldn't miss the opportunity to get to Mana Pools.

Alternatively, if you are in Vic Falls it's a relatively easy road transfer to visit Chobe in Botswana. But I'd much prefer Mana if you can make it.

I would definitely pick another safari area. There are very few cities in Africa I'd go out of my way to spend time in.

If your flight routing takes you via Johannesburg, you could also add on a few nights in the Kruger area."

I see someone on the South Africa forum has suggested Zambia. Although Zambia is next door, logistically to get to a safari area you'd have to fly from Livingstone. Lower Zambezi would probably be the most accessible. However, with extra flights involved it wouldn't be the most economical choice. Also, Lower Zambezi is on the opposite side of the river to Mana Pools and similar in a lot of ways, so if you're going to be in Zim anyway, I suspect Mana Pools would make more sense to add on than Lower Zambezi.

Other options in Zambia, South Luangwa or Kafue wouldn't really be that easy to access from the places you're going to.

2. Re: ideas for 4 day trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 May 2015, 06:15