We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice for 4 days in Zambia in August

South Burlington...
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Topic
Advice for 4 days in Zambia in August

I will be at the Chrismar Hotel in Livingston for 4 days in August (9-12)- Any suggestions of what to do? I was thinking Addo Elephant Park, the Elephant Safari, Victoria Falls (of course), but I think it will not be the right time of year to swim in the Devil's Pool~ and that's as far as I've gotten. Any advice would be welcome! Thank you!!

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
1,134 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice for 4 days in Zambia in August

If you're in Victoria Falls Addo Elephant park in South Africa is going to be a very long way to go for a safari. If you want to do safari I'd be inclined to recommend popping over to Chobe (just over the border in Botswana) for a couple of days and spending a couple of days exploring the Vic Falls area- there's plenty to do right there in Livingstone.

Alexandra Matts- Travel Director- Extraordinary Africa

Chepstow, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice for 4 days in Zambia in August

I think you're right that you'll not be able to do Devils Pool as it usually opens very end of August depending on water levels.

Chobe is a great trip to do, both the boat and land tours, plus the Kazungula Ferry into Botswana is quite an experience alone.

The Elephant safari is a great experience, remember to take around £25 to be able to buy the video which is really well done and give your camera to the guides and they will take photos of you on the elephant in the water.

Victoria falls is obviously a must do, costs around £20 entry fee and there's a great little market just outside the entrance.

Personally I LOVED the full day white water rafting. Breakfast, lunch and dinner is included on the full day, as is the cable car ride out of the gorge at the end. If you do the half day you have to walk out yourself and it's quite a steep trek. The rapids are some of the best in the world and I'd love to do it again tomorrow if I could. It'll be low water/dry season too so lots of great rafting.

The microlight flight over the falls is fantastic (I did the 15 minutes one).

In town there is the Livingstone museum and another market place and a great mexican restaurant

Hope this helps and enjoy your adventure in Zambia :)

3. Re: Advice for 4 days in Zambia in August

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 July 2015, 06:16