We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chobe to Zambia side Vic falls

London, United...
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Topic
Chobe to Zambia side Vic falls

Hello

My boyfriend and I are travelling to Botswana in September and we are trying to include Vic Falls in our itinerary.

What is the best way to get to Zambia Vic Falls from Chobe not by plane? Can we go there by bus or are they any tour group that does this? Please could you give us tips/suggestions.

Many thanks

london
Destination Expert
for Zambia, Selous Game Reserve, Ruaha National Park
Level Contributor
4,598 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Chobe to Zambia side Vic falls

Where are you staying in Chobe? How are you booking the Botswana part of your trip? Any tour operator should be able to organise this transfer. I'm sure lodges in Chobe can also. You may be able to do it by public transport but it's not completely straightforward as there's a river to cross at the border, you would cross this on a passenger boat. Hence you need two separate forms of transport one on each side of the border.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
1,304 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chobe to Zambia side Vic falls

You can very easily do a day trip from Kasane to the Zimbabwe side of the falls and back. If you particularly want to go to the Zambian side then do an overnight or couple of days and arrange transfers with one of the travel companies. We used wild horizons and have no complaints.

3. Re: Chobe to Zambia side Vic falls

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 July 2015, 05:16