We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

departure tax

Oslo
Level Contributor
449 posts
116 reviews
Save Topic
departure tax

I'm soon om my way to Zambia and was wandering if the airport departure tax for international flight is still collected? The Internet search seems to give contradictory answers. Also, the places that say the tax still exist, cite the price in local money, and not in dollars. DO I need to change dollars just to pay this tax, or can I pay in dollars?

Cumbria, United...
Level Contributor
847 posts
265 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: departure tax

I think it was included within our air ticket on a comair flight, suggest check with your airline.

london
Destination Expert
for Zambia, Selous Game Reserve, Ruaha National Park
Level Contributor
4,669 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: departure tax

I've just been to Zambia in June, and there no longer seem to be any separate departure taxes, although this might vary between airlines (I departed with SAA from Lusaka). The whole thing of paying in local currency has now been scrapped, so if there is a tax you should be able to pay in $.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,057 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: departure tax

Hello recently flew out of Lusaka and was not charged. I can safely say that they no longer collect this tax.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,057 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: departure tax

I have flown in and out of Lusaka, four times in the last twelve months with 3 different airlines. This tax is not charged anymore.

Oslo
Level Contributor
449 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: departure tax

Thanks!

Ks
Level Contributor
99 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: departure tax

ACTUALLY the tax is still collected. It is usually included with the multitude of other taxes in your airfare. However if you are flying on a charter flight, then it is paid seperately at your departure. $16.00 per person. I really hate getting nickle and dimed to death and wish everyone included it in their fares. My guess is Proflight doesn't want to have tobother with it.

7. Re: departure tax

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2015, 06:18