We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quote of final decision on prices 2009 Bhutan

Amsterdam, Holland
Destination Expert
for Bhutan
Level Contributor
2,865 posts
142 reviews
Save Topic
Quote of final decision on prices 2009 Bhutan

Please note the rate shown below is basic minimum and so, as usual, extra cost as per additional arrangements will be added to it. Also visa fees of $20 and Tourism Development Fees of $10 and bank transfer charges are not included below.

A. For months of January, June and July:

1. Tariff for groups 3 pax and above: $165/person per night

2. Duration discount from 9th night: $150/person/night

3. Tariff for FITs 1 pax: $205/night

4. Duration discount from 9th night for 1 pax: $190/night

5. Tariff for FITs 2 pax: $195/night

6. Duration discount from 9th night for 1 pax: $180/night

B. For all other months:

1. Tariff for groups 3 pax and above: $200/person per night

2. Duration discount from 9th night: $180/person/night

3. Tariff for FITs 1 pax: $240/night

4. Duration discount from 9th night for 1 pax: $220/night

5. Tariff for FITs 2 pax: $230/night

6. Duration discount from 9th night for 1 pax: $210/night

C. Discounts

1. For group between 11 – 15 pax: 50% discount for 1 person on tariff only

2. For group between 16 pax and above: 100% discount for 1 person on tariff only

3. For children between 6 – 12 years: 40% off on tariff only (5 years and below free)

4. For students 25 years and below: 25% off on tariff only

(proof such as student ID must be produced)

The tariff covers the following: Bilingual government certified and licensed guide, private transport, entrance fees, internal travel permits, special visit permits to restricted sites, all meals and lodging (at government certified and authorized tourist hotels), taxes and royalties.

The tariff does not cover the following: Bar bills, laundry expenses, telephone & internet expenses, meals and lodging at international standard resorts, tips and gratuities, and any other expenses of personal nature.

This is a copy of the mail I received today from Sonam of Nirvana, quoting the decision of the Gouvernment of Bhutan concerning the tariff for 2009.

Thimphu
14 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Quote of final decision on prices 2009 Bhutan

Henceforth, there will be no duration discount on the daily tariff. Bhutantraveller better confirm once again from your local agent.

Amsterdam, Holland
Destination Expert
for Bhutan
Level Contributor
2,865 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Quote of final decision on prices 2009 Bhutan

There is a discount from the 9th night on,it is all written as you can see.

3. Re: Quote of final decision on prices 2009 Bhutan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 December 2009, 13:46
Amsterdam, Holland
Destination Expert
for Bhutan
Level Contributor
2,865 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Quote of final decision on prices 2009 Bhutan

First of all, you can read the article in the Kuensel today, explaining the discount.

Secondly, I think the tourist is not interested in the devision of the discount, just in the final price he has to pay, and that's what is explained in the list of prices.

Every tourist can check with his personal touroperator about his final account, I think a discussion about different percentages of royalties is not for the TA forum.

Mudgee, Australia
Destination Expert
for Mudgee
Level Contributor
204 posts
315 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Quote of final decision on prices 2009 Bhutan

Thanks. This is great. We are planning to go to Bhutan in Oct or Nov.Any difference in the months?.

There are no differences for lower or higher budgets? (my leaning is towards the lower side- I used to be a backpacker but now Im told Im a flashpacker).

Thanks again for that information, it answers most of my initial questions.

6. Re: Quote of final decision on prices 2009 Bhutan

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Amsterdam, Holland
Destination Expert
for Bhutan
Level Contributor
2,865 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Quote of final decision on prices 2009 Bhutan

For those who are interested to know, I am a traveler like most-but not all- of you. I've been to Bhutan three times and am planning a fourth time,now as a volunteer, and am waiting for the right permits. My agent in Bhutan, Sonam and Dechen from Nirvana, are working on this.

I am not affiliated with them in any buisiness, and pay them what they earn with hard work.

My only intention of copying their mail was to give all people access to the list of prices and discounts.I'm sure all of Nirvana's clients got the same mail as I did.

To answer Mudgee, the different months are written in sector A and B.

The hotels are the best available, in the west most better, the more east you go , usually simpler ones. But they are all clean, heated and usually have hot water. Nowadays new hotels are built, part of them will be for the regular tourists. If you want extra luxury, like Uma hotels, you'll have to pay their special prices.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
993 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Quote of final decision on prices 2009 Bhutan

Bhutantraveller - as always, thanks for your valuable information.

MaineUSA
Level Contributor
830 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Quote of final decision on prices 2009 Bhutan

I second Oz's entry. The information provided by Bhutan Traveller, Oz, and other contributers to this forum was invaluable in our preparation for our trip to Bhutan last October. Earlier posts appear to attempt to kill a squirrel with a machine gun!!

10. Re: Quote of final decision on prices 2009 Bhutan