We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blue Poppy

London, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Blue Poppy

Hi,

Could anyone who has visited Bhutan through Blue Poppy please comment on the payment / Druk booking process for me? I've had my e-tickets through (forwarded) but the originating address is a yahoo account which makes me suspiscious as I've never heard of a business using a yahoo account to issue tickets?

Also, for the payment - if I could confirm via PM how this was done by anyone who has used BP before that would be great. I've had no issues in the booking process thus far but just a tad wary after seeing that @yahoo.com address as sending out my Druk tickets and don't want to send off almost $5,000 if its not actually going to the right place!

Thanks - probably worried over nothing.

Amsterdam, Holland
Destination Expert
for Bhutan
Level Contributor
2,824 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Blue Poppy

You mean you received your tickets before you paid them?? I've never heard of that. You pay first, in order to reserve the seats, the tickets are sent a short time before your trip, by your agent. Did you ask Blue Poppy about this? As they should deal with Drukair after receiving your payment, they are the right person to answer this question, I think.

Please let us know their answer.

P.S. last year our tickets were sent by Apache to Nirvana, who sent them to us.

London, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Blue Poppy

Hi,

Blue Poppy told me before I even booked that they pay for the Druk Tickets and then this comes off your total tour amount once you pay for it (2 months before departure)

Thanks,

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
130 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Blue Poppy

I think all of the operators are pretty similar when it comes to payment. They will send you the wire transfer details including their official name and account number as well as bank info. You go to your bank and use that information to send the wire. BP should then get a receipt from their bank confirming receipt of the money from you. You will also have the receipt from your bank when you make the transfer.

I have read (probably here somewhere) that the Bhutanese bank or the tourism ministry holds the funds in trust until after your trip when they are officially released to the tour company. But I am not sure about that.

I did my transfer to Keys to Bhutan and it was very straightforward. They sent me an email when they were notified of the transfer by their bank. It is too bad credit cards aren't really in use over there as it would make life a lot easier when making these arrangements. But ultimately thousands of other tourists have made payments this way over the years. If the process were laden with problems I think we would hear about it.

UK
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Blue Poppy

Did you pay for the entire trip up front or just the plane ticket first and then the rest later?

Edited: 04 April 2010, 00:21
London, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Blue Poppy

You don't pay anything up front - just pay the full amount 2 months before you're due to leave. Our plane tickets were issued quite soon after we confirmed our itinerary

thimphu
Level Contributor
98 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Blue Poppy

I don't think any agent will send you your tickets unless you pay for it first unless you personally know the agent. More over unless you buy the ticket Druk Air doesn't give you etickets. All e-tickets sent originate from Druk Air and its like this:

---------- Forwarded message ----------

Date: Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 11:46 AM

Subject: Itinerary Receipt

The usual procedure is you pay for the airtickets. Your etickets will be forwarded to you once the agent gets the airfare. You can make the final payment for your tour about a month before your date of travel.

MaineUSA
Level Contributor
830 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Blue Poppy

When we did our trip in October of 2008, we wired Nirvana payment for the air tickets and a $200 deposit in April along with our passport information. We wired the balance around 45 days before the departure date. Both wires went through with no problems. The Druk tickets were in e-ticket foremat. The entire ticket - visa - payment procedure went off without a hitch.

Thimphu, Bhutan
6 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Blue Poppy

Hello ,

I think you need not worry about this. To clarify, Druk Air Tickets has to be booked early in advance due to limited flight , otherwise it becomes difficult to get the bookings done especially during peak season. Your Tour operator, Blue Poppy must have booked your seat early to later complications from their own company budget. This is the system , every tour operator in Bhutan should deal with when obtaining flight tickets. Don't worry , you are in safe hands. They are also a reliable tour operator here in Bhutan.

9. Re: Blue Poppy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2010, 05:16