We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zhiwaling, Namgay, Dewachen, Damchan?

India
Level Contributor
96 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Zhiwaling, Namgay, Dewachen, Damchan?

Please share your opinion and comments on:

Paro: Zhiwaling

Thimpu: Namgay

Punakha: Damchan

Phobjika Valley: Dewachen

Thanks !!

Amsterdam, Holland
Destination Expert
for Bhutan
Level Contributor
3,050 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Zhiwaling, Namgay, Dewachen, Damchan?

From the hotels you mentioned, I only know Dewachen in Phobjikha. I love the place, it has a very cosy atmosphere, great dining room with a wonderful view over the valley and a big stove. They use a generator until about 22:00, then lights are out, until the early morning. All rooms are large, and have a wood stove which will be lighted by the room maids, and then you're on your own to keep it working, lots of logs next to the room. They are always willing to help if needed. Fantastic location, hope to be back there soon.

MaineUSA
Level Contributor
842 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Zhiwaling, Namgay, Dewachen, Damchan?

I'm in total agreement with Bhutan Traveller regarding the Dewachen. We'd go back there in a second!!

3. Re: Zhiwaling, Namgay, Dewachen, Damchan?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 May 2011, 06:40
Get answers to your questions about Bhutan