We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nirvana Expeditions....HELP

Corpus Christi, TX
Level Contributor
934 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
Nirvana Expeditions....HELP

Are they still in business??? They have my money but I no long receive any communications from them. Our trip is in March. :(

Thimphu, Bhutan
Level Contributor
149 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Nirvana Expeditions....HELP

Hi Jane,

Dont worry about the money.Write to them.Did they send you visa and drukair ticket?If yes then why worry.Tour operator in Bhutan dont have any such bad record till date.

So Jane cheerr up.

Amsterdam, Holland
Destination Expert
for Bhutan
Level Contributor
2,570 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nirvana Expeditions....HELP

I am in contact with them at the moment, organising another trip for October. Dechen is very quick in responding,had just a mail the other day. They are very much in buisiness, might be so busy, it takes time to answer all the mails. Take the time difference into account too.

Even if a tourist paid, the money goes to the Bank of Bhutan, in the operator's name, and only after the end of the trip, the bank transfers the money minus the gouvernment taxes, to the tour operator. A very safe way of paying.So, write them again, don't worry, and look forward to your trip. Enjoy it all.

Hope to see your trip report afterwards.

Corpus Christi, TX
Level Contributor
934 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nirvana Expeditions....HELP

BT, What email are you using? I no longer even get the message "our computer is again working and write to this address if you don't hear from us....."

I have used both emails with no response lately. I do not have flight tickets nor visas. The last response from them told me that they would send my tickeks "tomorrow" and that was on January 3 from "Tshering".

Amsterdam, Holland
Destination Expert
for Bhutan
Level Contributor
2,570 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nirvana Expeditions....HELP

Tshering is working with them, and making most reservations. The mail I got are from:Sonam.Dorjee@nirvanaexpeditions.com

Just write them another time,but think of the time difference, now it is 07:56 p.m in Thimphu.

Corpus Christi, TX
Level Contributor
934 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nirvana Expeditions....HELP

Thanks. I understand about the time difference--but it HAS been nearly 2 weeks since I last emailed them with no response.

Corpus Christi, TX
Level Contributor
934 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nirvana Expeditions....HELP

Glad to report that I received emails from Nirvana today with my airline tickets. :)

Amsterdam, Holland
Destination Expert
for Bhutan
Level Contributor
2,570 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nirvana Expeditions....HELP

Good to hear that. Have a great trip, and please, after your return, give us a trip report, of your impressions, and experiences. Enjoy, Bhutan is a very special place.

Scunthorpe, United...
Level Contributor
3,583 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Nirvana Expeditions....HELP

That really is good news as I can imagine how much you will have been panicking.

Have a super trip and we look forward to hearing all about it later.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
6 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Nirvana Expeditions....HELP

Hey JaneB, I'm looking at booking with Nirvana Expeditions soon after quite a bit of email correspondence with them. I would love to hear more about your experience with them in Bhutan!? Thanks heaps.

Corpus Christi, TX
Level Contributor
934 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Nirvana Expeditions....HELP

Good tour! Driver, vehicle, hotels and food were all excellent. I think you will most likely be pleased with Nirvana.